Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is emissive color effect possible with 2D Lights?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by AlexVillalba, Nov 29, 2020.

1. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Hi everybody, I need some pixels of a sprite not to be affected by lights, I want them to be like the typical emissive color. Is that feasible with ShaderGraph in the current implementation of the experimental 2D Lights?
    If not, do you know about any workaround I could implement while such feature is added to the engine?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

What's possible now is creating a Global Volume with Bloom. Then you can create a shader that adds a secondary texture and main texture to create lit up emissive areas depending on the sensitivity of the bloom. What lights then do is further light it up even more. I believe there's a Brackeys YouTube video that takes roughly this approach.

NotaNaN likes this.
  3. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Thank you.

4. castor76

castor76

This is highly dependent on the bloom setting and the light setting. We really really need to have proper emissive channel for the 2D Renderer. Right now, only thing you can do is just brighten up the color input of the shader and hope for the best which is not the correct way to do it, because it depends on the lighting condition.

EvOne, AzureMasters and AlexVillalba like this.