Search Unity

Is EditorXR suported for Unity HDRP 8.1

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by lucidvyu, Mar 22, 2020.

1. lucidvyu

lucidvyu

Hi,
    We working on creating interactive experiences in our VR application. Forex. we want to give the user the ability to place furniture in the scene from prefab at runtime, change its location or orientation.

So, how well supported is EditorXR for HDRP right now?
    I found this demo, which suggests there could be performance issues =>

Is there a better alternative to this? My experience with unity is limited. Any leads appreciated.
    Thank you

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

The video shows pink because the current EditorXR shaders are likely not compatible with HDRP. The rest of the framework should work fine. We have not updated the shaders to HDRP yet, but are always open to pull requests on GitHub if you decide to do that. Our current plans are to release EditorXR as a package, update to the latest input system, and then provide other fixes like an update for 2020.X / HDRP, etc.

3. squallfgang

squallfgang

Hey I also have similiar issues but I'm using URP. Are there any plans to upgrade interface and controllers to URP as well? Tried the unity internal conversion but it didn't work.

4. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

I think the priority now that EditorXR is a package is to get it updated to work with the new XRSDK / Unity 2019/20 versions. I could see URP being worked on following that, but it isn't set in stone.

5. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

Do you have a road map and timeframe? I would like to use this in 2020.1 and the new XR Plugin system rather than legacy.

6. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

Unfortunately, no, but play mode works currently (only edit mode doesn't work in latest versions)