Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is codeless IAP being discontinued in Unity 2020.2 ?

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by richardzzzarnold, May 1, 2020.

1. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

I am testing upgrading a project to 2020.2.0a9 in order to potentially bypass some issues involved with Unity building to Android 64bit.
    It seems to work OK, however all my IAP connections are now broken.
    Also, in the Unity menu bar, there no longer seems to be any reference to IAP, so it is not possible to look at the IAP catalogue or to make codeless IAP buttons.
    I tried reimporting IAP in the package manager, and also in the services window.
    Is the IAP functionality now reliant upon being connected to Unity Distribution Portal?

Because I would really much rather not have to go through all the time consuming rigmarole of getting UDP set up.

2. sama-van

sama-van

Not sure that would be a relevant answer but I recently experienced a problem with the codeless IAP and the Receipt which was obliviously not supported at all :

- https://forum.unity.com/threads/binary-rejected-inapp-purchase-receipts.858358/

In that thread JeffDUnity3D share a thread with a project sample how to make the in app purchase without codeless which took me less than 1h to adapt to my project and to remove the codeless crap.

I would advise you to do the same if you can do programming a bit ;)

richardzzzarnold likes this.