Search Unity

Is Asset Store Download-Aware?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lod3, Nov 21, 2021.

1. lod3

lod3

Hi,

Does the Asset Store track if you've ever downloaded an asset you've purchased?

2. BetaMark

BetaMark

I think one of their policies is that they wont refund you once you've downloaded an asset, so yeah, they probably have a database somewhere that tracks each download.

3. lod3

lod3

Perfect! Thank you! Snafu while purchasing one of the Lighting Deals that enabled last night, and while I was able to grab it at 90% off, it checked-out at 50% off instead, and I have no intention of downloading as I need this resolved.

Since the purchase has not yet been downloaded, does this mean I can contact Unity for a refund, or do I still need to go through the vendor? Have reached out to the vendor already; just awaiting a reply. Thanks again! :)

4. BetaMark

BetaMark

The purchase is through unity, so I can only imagine you'd have to get the refund there.

I looked at my most recent receipt under "Order History" and the links they provided gets me to a page where I can "Get assistance with non-technical issues like account activations, Hub errors, account management, billing, the Asset Store and more.":

https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=65905

Grab your most recent invoice "Order number" and submit a ticket there to ask for the refund and I'm guessing they'll be the ones to take care of it for you.

5. lod3

lod3

Thanks again for your help! I've additionally reached out to Unity at that link and included my invoice. Your kind assistance is much appreciated!

BetaMark likes this.