Search Unity

Is anyone experiencing crashes when working with HDRP in the editor?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by LukaKotar, Jun 13, 2020.

1. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

I recently submitted a bug report for HDRP causing crashes in the editor when changing play-mode or compiling code (case 1239869), however, they were unable to reproduce this issue. After a bit of investigation, I am starting to suspect that my hardware might be to blame, but before I commit to that idea entirely, I'd like to know if anyone else has similar issues. Note that the build runs without issues, only the editor is affected.
    (I'm using an AMD GPU with Mesa drivers and have successfully reproduced this issue in Fedora 32, Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 on this computer.)

If you're working/have worked with HDRP, have you experienced frequent editor crashes as well?

2. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

I have been working with this only for the past few days, and I use VR. Definitely not frequent, Yes I did experience about 3 crashes but in my case I think this may have had something to do with the XR Steam plugin.

3. leotada

leotada

Yes I have too, using AMD Mesa driver, I think it only occours with that driver.

4. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Hi, would you be willing to send me your editor log file after the crash occurs (or just the error itself)?