Search Unity

Is any way to communicate with Unity when it is sleeping or in background?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by chachi_app, Apr 3, 2017.

1. chachi_app

chachi_app

Hi guyz! Question: Is any way to communicate with Unity IN ANDROID when is sleeping in background? For example, is posible to call any function of Unity from an Android plugin inside when it is paused in background?
    Thank u!

2. ErikMartins

ErikMartins

It is not possible friend

3. chachi_app

chachi_app

4. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

5. chachi_app

chachi_app

Thank u! I´ve have done that. I´ve made a service in Android studio to track the GPS location.

The problem is that i want to send to my backend in Gamesparks the (X,Y) coordinates.
    I´ve tried to integrate Gamesparks Android Studio SDK in my plugin and that creates an extra activity and my app gets black (empty Activity).

I know it is a little bit complicated.. .but its is any way to send an gameobject of my Unity project to the plugin and call the method that i want inside the service?

Thank u so much.

6. chachi_app

chachi_app

The goal is to send the GPS coordinates from the Android service to the gamesparks server in background. Thank u!

7. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

If you want to have connection to a C# script from within Java, you have the following options:
    - UnitySendMessage()
    - Implementing an AndroidJavaProxy (the way to implement an Java interface in C#, and have C# methods called as callbacks from Java)