Search Unity

is android build supported already ? [Failed to write shader]

Discussion in 'Linux' started by as3mbus, Sep 6, 2017.

1. as3mbus

as3mbus

hello. i'm currently trying to build a really simple game where it only consist of ui component just to test the input frame in an android environment. i've set up the sdk and jdk
    but i encountered a problem where there are shader error where it cant write shader (failed to write shader) to some lib/shader file.
    hope u guys can help me out here :)
    thanks in advance

2. Tak

Tak

We're going to need more information.
    Can you provide the specific error message you're getting, or even your full editor log?

3. as3mbus

as3mbus

Could not write shader into Library/ShaderCache/0/04f5dd403f04c8bf59e1faf8aefff19e.tmp.
    UnityEditor.Toolbar:OnGUI()
    upload_2017-9-7_23-31-32.png
    and this is error i got
    thanks for replying :)

4. Tak

Tak

It looks like unity is having problems writing to a few different places in your project directory - is it actually writable by the current user?

5. as3mbus

as3mbus

hmm maybe i misunderstand your point but. it seems fine when i try to write random text as my user.
    upload_2017-9-8_21-57-26.png

6. as3mbus

as3mbus

ok ignore my previous reply. it seems i accidentally fixed it by fixing my faulty partition from dual boot error years ago. since my project directory is inside that partition. well i guess pulling all nighter to fix my disks problem really worth the effort. again, thanks to tak for replying. it helps me a lot and give me ease of mind for using the linux editor :)

7. Ailrau

Ailrau

i having the same issue on unity 2018.2.0f2! I can't build my game for PC having 8800 errors and all's failed to write shader error. This happen when i try to download render pipeline core and highweight render pipeline. I removed but shader errors still happen. And my some shader cache files is broken, whenever i try to delete Library/ShaderCache/8 folder, windows giving me error and the error is "Folder is broken can't be removed" etc.