Search Unity

Is Accelerator about to be abandoned ?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Francoimora, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Francoimora

Francoimora

Hi,

Nobody in Unity teams seems to work anymore on the Accelerator (as nobody answers questions on the forum). Will accelerator be abandoned soon ? If not, when will you put some efforts on it ?

Thygrrr likes this.
  2. h1r0sh1ma

h1r0sh1ma

+1
    Would like to know as well

Thygrrr likes this.
  3. kirkchen

kirkchen

Unity Technologies

Hi Francoimora,

This section of the forum fell through the cracks for a bit when we shuffled things around. We are definitely still maintaining the accelerator. I'll make sure we have the right people watching this section of the forum now.

4. Francoimora

Francoimora

Good to hear. Are you planning a new version in the next weeks / months ? Do you have something on the public roadmap to share anytime soon ? Last version seems to be from June and it doesn't contain a lot of new features, so I need to know if you are just maintaining it (and just plan to publish bug fixes) or if you are developing new features for it.

5. kirkchen

kirkchen

Unity Technologies

It's currently in maintenance mode. We've heard some ideas and requests but there's nothing confirmed on the public roadmap.

6. Francoimora

Francoimora

Bad news but thanks for the information.

Thygrrr likes this.
  7. unity-jeff

unity-jeff

Unity Technologies

Hi all - my name is Jeff and I joined Unity in November as a product manager with the Asset Pipeline team. I was previously in product management in the mobile game industry and have a particular interest in creating and improving content/asset management solutions for distributed teams at scale.

While the Accelerator is currently in maintenance mode, we are starting to look at shorter-term bug fixes and improvements for the feature, as well as longer-term solutions for managing import times for large, asset-heavy projects.

While I don't have concrete details to offer yet, I will certainly provide updates on the forum when I do. I'll also be actively monitoring this forum so please continue to share major pain points, bugs, ideal workflows compared to the feature/service as it exists now, etc.

maxthecat likes this.
  8. neptaco_

neptaco_

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  9. unity-jeff

unity-jeff

Unity Technologies

Thanks -- from the other thread it sounds like the issue is no longer occurring, but please do keep in contact via bug reports if the issue persists or if you uncover additional details that would help them repro.