Search Unity

Feedback Is 3d Voxel a legit publisher?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just wanted to buy some assets because they look kinda interesting, but the web link points to some unrelated page and the email address isn't even related to that page.

ap.png
    The price, description and publisher profile don't look convincing. Does anyone know more?

2. Mark_01

Mark_01

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  3. Mark_01

Mark_01

Al tho I clicked on the Hyper link on the models upload_2021-8-21_9-59-27.png

And on SketchFab CDN is listed as being out of Saudi Arabia ... But they have been a member since only JUNE 25, 2021 .... All those models in that amount of time ? Maybe is Legit .. but IDK ..

upload_2021-8-21_10-2-31.png

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yeah, I dropped the thought of buying something. Nobody with that kind of asset ends up with such a poor description:

desc.png

Mark_01 likes this.
  5. Rowlan

Rowlan

I sent an email to the contact address that's linked at the web page of the publisher.

The reply was that the publisher is abusing the logo and name of the company.

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. Mark_01

Mark_01

That should be enough to report to Unity and have something done.. I would hope ..

Another thought as I saw more posting on this thread.. So Support site ... ?/ hum How does the
    " rest of the world ' like, North America .. where they are selling .... How does some one with English even know where to click to ask for support..

Just on the face of it... something feels real fishy about all of this.

Maybe the site owners of sketch fab might feel the same way...
    Thought ... is this not kinda like selling " stolen goods ? " NOT SAYING they are doing that...
    but something is off about this.

[EDIT ] " The reply was that the publisher is abusing the logo and name of the company "
    To me this say's once a thief always a thief.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  7. Rowlan

Rowlan

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. Rowlan

Rowlan

9. AlexOvch

AlexOvch

Good that you have some doubts and did not spend a large amount on stolen content.

I sent a message to the original author of the models, who worked on the Astellia game, he will send a report to these models, too.

TheMessyCoder and Rowlan like this.
  10. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This had lead me to lose trust in the Asset Store for purchasing models.

The problem is, if a developer innocently uses some of these models because they trust Unity, it's the developer that gets the heat for it, not Unity.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey all,

Thank you for flagging this content to us. It has been removed and is under investigation. For those who have purchased this content, we will have a personal response for you soon.

ml785, Linus, DungDajHjep and 4 others like this.