Search Unity

Is 3d sound not working right in Unity 5?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rexxthunder, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexxthunder

rexxthunder

I just brought in some wav files, have an audiosource and a listener. It doesn't matter where the audiosource is in the scene, the sound is the same, no 3d sound Didn't there used to be a 3d sound setting or something on import. What am I missing?

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Nodrap likes this.
  3. Thibault-Potier

Thibault-Potier

in the the inspector, you need to switch the "spacial Blend" from 2d to 3D

4. Unshackled

Unshackled

Thank you that was exactly what i wanted to know

TJHeuvel-net and rattlehead57 like this.
  5. mensch-mueller

mensch-mueller

Hi
    For me 3D sound isn´t working at all. Made an audio source with an min and max distance, and wherever i place my audio listener, always the same volume...
    In the my documentation(on hard drive) there is a drop down in audio source, where i can choose audio listener or audio mixer. In the new documentation(and in Unity) i can only choose a mixer(no listener)("http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-AudioSource.html").... which is a pain now.
    I´m really new to audio, perhaps something missed?

Edit: Had to set audio source to 3D(Why is it not the default when i begin with an 3D project?)

Cheers
    Michael
    Tested in 5.2.1f4 and 5.0.2f1 OSX

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  6. rob535

rob535

@mensch.mueller,

Thank's for that tip, still getting used to Unity 5..

7. sonnolo

sonnolo

Yeah doesnt work and no solution,in unity4 audio 3d work pefectly and volume get up or down to player distance...in unity 5 ........nothing work,my monsters audio are te same at all distance,nothing change :( nice strike unity

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It works fine. You didn't set the spatial blend to 3D.

--Eric

9. sonnolo

sonnolo

spatial blend are to 3d

10. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Inspector screenshot? I think you're doing something wrong, it works perfectly fine and has always worked fine.

11. Karabas123

Karabas123

3D sound works incorrect. No sound when i swicth spartial blend to1, but when i use logarithmic rollof i hear 2D sound, but not so loud.
    1.jpg

12. MMOInteractiveRep

MMOInteractiveRep

yeah same for me. I have set the spatial Blend to 1 (3d) but still doesn't matter where in the scene I am I can still hear the audio.

13. TareqProjects

TareqProjects

I am experiencing the same problem and I have the Spatial Blend set to 3D. A bit of context however; I have a scene where if a player walks in a zone and hit a particular trigger box, the 3D audio should play. This works through the editor. After making a build (note I am building for Vive) and going to that zone, the sound doesn't play at all... Except if I look directly up at the ceiling. I thought it could be the fact that the collider box was small so I made it bigger than it needs to be but it still does not play properly.

14. KUFgoddess

KUFgoddess

I dont understand whats going on with 3d sound I also have my spatial blend set to 3D / 1. It was working in a previous version of unity like 5.3 now with the latest version I am having trouble. Has anyone found out what was going on????

15. Mydeza

Mydeza

Same hear (pun intended)... 2D works, Spatial blend to 1= sound of silence...

Got it (i think) had more than one listner in the scene!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    KUFgoddess likes this.
  16. KUFgoddess

KUFgoddess

Same exact thing that happened to me ! people make sure you have exactly one listener in the scene. I had multiple audio listeners because I have two players you switch back and forth between.

17. GingerIshh

GingerIshh

I had the same problem and just fixed it. I had 2 audio listeners in my scene. For some reason one of my other cameras had one and that made it so that my sound did not get picked up by the one on my player.
    Hope this helps even tho this post is so old.

KUFgoddess likes this.
  18. averyrodriguez

averyrodriguez

It works ok
    great advice !!

19. shaneK001

shaneK001

I know, it's a good while ago now, but I had this problem meself. Spatial Blend set to 3d and I could still hear the sound everywhere. What solved it for me was the rolloff graph. The right side of the graph has to go into zero. The default Logarithmic Rolloff looks like it goes to zero, but I don't think it does. When you set it to custom Rolloff make sure it goes to zero (Min Distance should say "Controlled by curve"). This worked for me anyways.

KUFgoddess likes this.
  20. Nick-Nexefy

Nick-Nexefy

I had a similar issue where I did have an audio listener in the scene but on a deactivated gameobject but somehow audio was still being played. When I attached an audiolistener to my camera, everything started working as expected.

Strange because I would of assumed no sound would play an audio listener was on a deactivated game object.

KUFgoddess likes this.
  21. Connor09

Connor09

I know that this post is a bit old but I am having this same problem. I've got one audio listener and spatial blend is set to 3d. Whenever I play the game the audio only plays on the left ear and the volume doesn't change when I move around.

22. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity 5 is a bit old so I've locked this thread. Please make a new one specific to your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.