Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks Rhod, that worked. Another one of Unity's quirks. :)

2. derkoi

derkoi

Hi again Rhod, I've got an issue with the AI in a test track on my Kart game.

The AI starts off great but half way through the lap they all slow down and then after a while they go so fast and start skidding all over.

I've not really tried to change settings as I don't know where to start, because the AI is fine at the start, I don't know what could be going wrong. All AI settings are default settings.

Here's a web player, all cars are AI cars, you can change the cameras using the default X, C V keys.

Web player AI Kart Demo

3. kilik128

kilik128

about physics how car take jump it's possible to make trial ?

4. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

In this case please contact me by skype so we could check it more in detail to see what could be causing this issue, it may seem to be related to the number of waypoints used on this track.

Rhod,

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  5. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

We can make a simple demo for showing off the physics with some jumps.

Rhod,

6. kilik128

kilik128

why not i have use randomation physic for my last projet and i love him too mutch but i'm totaly desapointed by the mobile performance
    so i think's irds is the last where i can give hope

7. kilik128

kilik128

To late i have buy it ! i'am happy to start ok i finish see YouTube video tutorial i continue to read the docs
    and maybie i asking question later and wisp list idea maybie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Z_9x6Y95o << it's can realy use to make traffic system

just start about the mobile control he look maybie so little integrate

that's look very Wheel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg76UtkmczA

System Offroad system look better result i hope at first we are not lose the control of cars every time we jump

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

Thanks for your purchase!

If you habe any questions please let us know! Also pls kindly send us on an email or a PM your invoice number to register your product and for support.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Rhod,

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi!
    We just wanted to clarify that iRDS is not intended to be used as a traffic system, the video shows how you can setup a race track to make possible the use of shortcuts on the track, which is the main idea of the subtracks feature. We are working on a traffic system that would fulfill this and would be a separate asset we would be selling on the asset store.

Rhod,

10. kilik128

kilik128

yes sure it's clear ! separate asset (,- bad new but why not !) i hope see that's soon :)
    on same time it's me i always use one tool for make somethink's else :))
    Ok I have start take in hand irds i'am happy to this first look it's realy close to one unity car
    any drift setting maybie somewhere is in mode in game at this time

so i'am close to the goal i have fixed today i must just fix camera and control mobile

ok i have fix my cam with this easy script

yield return new WaitForSeconds(1f);
    GameObject cam = Camera.main.gameObject;
    IRDSCarCamera sc = cam.GetComponent<IRDSCarCamera>();

sc.SetHeight(20f);

let's go next part

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  11. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Kilik128,

You can do that directly on the Cameraview settings on each of the cars, it is located here:

$CameraSettings.png

in there you would see the settings for the distance and the height, i think this is what you may be looking for?

Let us know if you need something else.

Rhod,

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  12. goat

goat

What do you mean by 'traffic system'?

I need red, amber, green lights and such typical traffic control devices. Will the traffic systems include common EU and/or US traffic signs and signals and such?

Will you be updating iRDS to take advantage of Unity 5 and it's mesh terrains?

Does iRDS work well with Easy Roads Pro?

I have Eddy's Car Physics but does iRDS come with suitable (or better) replacement?

Thanks.

13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi goat,

Thanks for your interest in our systems.

We refer to "traffic system" to an AI system (separate from iRDS, that would be sell apart) a system that would make traffic cars to go as normal real traffic do on streets, it would have traffic lights controls, and would have traffic rules applied on their behavior, in such a way that the cars would avoid collisions to each other. You would be able to set the priority at junctions (this should work as a yield sign) and also make them if you want to do a force stop at crossings (this would work as the stop sign).

About iRDS, yes we would keep updating it when Unity 5 is out, and will also update the current GUI solution we are using to the new Native uGUI that would be available.

Yes iRDS works well with Easy Roads Pro, we own that version of EasyRoads and have tested it.

iRDS comes with its own car physics, it have plenty of settings you can play it with to make it behave pretty much as Edys Car Physics (which by the way i like very much) and also, it is compatible with it too, so you can even run it using both car physics at the same time.

If you have any further questions, let us know :D

Rhod, 8)

14. goat

goat

Thanks then I'll be buying iRDS and the traffic system when it comes out. Any estimates to the traffic system release date?

15. kilik128

kilik128

comtability with trackbuilder it's easy to do ! one motorbike sample it's in the way ? vroom vroom

16. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi goat,

We want to release the traffic system as soon as possible, we estimate it could be done in the next 2 months or earlier.

Rhod,

17. goat

goat

Cool because I was shooting for July to buy iRDS.

18. kilik128

kilik128

it's possible to change input at runtime switch form mobile one to mobile 2 for exemple

i try make garage when i change 8 stat at runtime have you any idea what's i can change on car
    by script for exemple

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  19. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128, we have not tried it, but the way it is coded, you should be able to do that without issues.

Rhod,

20. kilik128

kilik128

IRDSPlace.AddNewPlayerCar (car , IRDSVAR.otherPlayers[0] , "Player");
    say array index is out of range.
    about control i found only way for setup one by one so i possible to use the layout system

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

That error seems to be because the otherPlayers array is empty, try doing the adjustments on the inspector for that array, so it is populated before using it. This could be the same for the mobile controls layout.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Rhod,

22. Sam-K

Sam-K

Hi,
    I want to show a menu on level complete.
    How to detect Level complete When the race is over ???

23. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Sam K,

Thanks for your purchase!, please kindly send your invoice number by a forum Private Message or by email to josegarrido@dagagames.com to register your product and get support ASAP.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Rhod,

24. kilik128

kilik128

i have publish my first irds game here

25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Great to see your game done! Congratulations!

26. kilik128

kilik128

thank's i make another game
    i need know when my end race

public IRDSWPManager ma ;

void Update () {

Debug.Log( "end "+ma.myMainTrackEnd );

is return always 0

another trouble is race line is look take lot draw call and not working on mobile
    i hope is help but it's maybie already say

i got the point car on mini map is not in minimap

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

For knowing when the race end for the current player (the player that is actually followed by the camera) you can use IRDSStatistics.GetCurrentCar().GetEndRace(); it returns a bool, and if its true the car (Currently followed by the camera) has ended the race.

For the racing line, yes we are aware that it takes more draw calls, because of the way it is done, we don't encourage to use it for mobile games, you can disable it by just disabling the object RaceLineRenderer.

For the minimap, if the car icons are not aligned with the map you can use the icon offset X and icon offset Y on the IRDSManager object in the General settings tab selected and the Lap tab selected on the minimap section to adjust their position, you can do this on play mode and when you have it aligned you just write down the numbers and put them back when you stop the play mode.

Rhod,

28. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Jose, just was thinking of stuff I would want and was wondering what you thought about it.

Things for a future update

*Rolling starts
    *Steering wheel option drive, but like this
    upload_2014-6-7_4-7-12.png
    (The slider would move the steering wheel)

This is the stuff I was hoping for the next update.

This stuff is like for future update dreams.
    *Checkpoint hunt, like capture the flag but with checkpoints. Whoever gets the most wins.
    .....-There's only one to go for at a time and then the next one pops up after captured.
    .....-Other where all are there at once and have to get the most to win.
    *Rally with off-setting times. Whoever wins is based on the fastest time.
    *Drag race with the ability to go before the green light. If they did, disqualified.
    *Lose the bomb.
    *Keep the it. (Lose the bomb/Keep the it are the exact opposite of each other)

Finally, here are the pipe dream ideas.
    *Demolition derby game type.
    *Cop Chase with no race element (would pay separate for something similar)

Wondering what you thought of the list.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Cody!

Yeah those are great stuff to do, some of them may be already in, in some way.

About the Touch steering that is implemented currently, what difference you feel it makes to do it like a slider instead of how it is right now? just to understand better your needs ;)

We are going to go definitely with the rolling starts.

For the checkpoints Hunt, that is pretty good idea, but it would need a separate type of AI for the cars, since the system is based in a Core that depends on following waypoints, but hey! nothing is impossible :D

The rally mode, that is something that is way easier to add, so we are going to take that into account, as well as the drag races.

For loose the bomb and keep the it, those are pretty similar to capture the flag, so we could work from there those 2.

For demolition derby, is maybe a little like Cops mode right now, since the cops would try to hit you, so we can sort it out with that to make it like a Team up demolition derby or all against all too.

For the cop chase with no race element, this is just like the Hunt the checkpoint, we need to work out for a different type of AI for these 2 cases.

All of those are really great ideas!

Rhod, :cool:

30. danutz4web

danutz4web

Hi Rhod,

Maybe this questions were already asked but I can't find the answer.
    1.This package works in Unity Free?
    2.I can't find a demo where a truck with a trailer is present. This feature is supported?

Thanks and have a nice day!

31. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi danutz4web,

Is ok, you can always ask as many times as you may want to :D

Yes this package works with both, Unity Free and Unity Pro.

And also we have added a feature to make it work with a Truck with a Trailer, you just rig both separate from each other (like if they were 2 different cars) and for the trailer when you are rigging it, there is a toggle on the rigger wizard to enable if it is a trailer, this will not add some scripts to the trailer.

When you finish rigging them both separate, just drop both on an empty scene and put the trailer inside the truck hierarchy as a child of it, position the trailer were it should be on the scene view and then add a configurable joint to the main Truck object and put the trailer rigidbody as its connected body (and set it up).

Then attach the script im attaching here to the main object of the trailer, this scripts what is does is to assign the trailer to the truck, and detach it from the truck at the Awake method so the physics work correctly.

Here is the script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class IRDSTrailer : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     // Use this for initialization
    7.     void Awake () {
    8.         IRDSCarControllInput parentInput = transform.root.GetComponent<IRDSCarControllInput>();
    9.         parentInput.trailer = GetComponent<IRDSCarControllInput>();
    10.         transform.parent = null;
    11.     }
    12. }

32. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thanks for all the responses. The only reason I thought it might be easier with a slider. That way you wouldn't have to look vertical and horizontal to make a turn smooth (diagonal movement). Only would have to look at the horizontal movement and would be an easier drive. :)

33. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

We are currently working on some new features to include to iRDS, here is the things we are doing for the next update:
    • Added RPM Limiter to the engine class, now you can define where the engine cuts-off
    • Improved the engine code, now it feels more real.
    • Added Auto-resize option for the mobile controls layouts.
    • Added the option to make a forced Throttle lift up when shifting.
    • Added Heel-Toe downshift auto technique.
    • Added a change layout method for the mobile controls to work at runtime
    • Fixed a bug on the manually instantiated cars that are not getting passed the settings of overrideNitroInput
    • Added the option of Unique Opponent Car on the race
    • Now the minimap is tottaly deactivated and shot off when SetMiniMapsActive(false) is used.
    • Added Copy properties functionality for tires settings
    • Added Copy properties functionality for wing settings
    • Fixed an issue that if the checkpoints are deleted manually the IRDSManager custom inspector throws a missing reference exception.
    • Fixed minor bugs on capture the flag race mode.
    • Fixed some Capture the flag bugs and improved the AI behavior on this race mode.
    Rhod

34. kilik128

kilik128

any option demo for motocycle sample i see in code on script is maybie work in progress

i hope for use easytextmesh for gui ? any idea

more trouble is for fix the camera preview look move not smooth i got map close trackLimitRight and left but i don't see any more the yellow line

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  35. kilik128

kilik128

i have arcade drift setting i need know when the skymarks is created for know when player is on drift

if someone know how improve the drift please

36. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

You can just rig directly as you do with a normal car, but with a 2 wheeled vehicle like a bike and it would get all the necessary scripts on it to work.

About the GUI, we are going to move to the new Unity built in GUI when it comes available on the 4.6 unity version.

About the camera preview to show the yellow lines for the track limits, you need to make sure that on the IRDSManager object the show markers is active, and also that there is a collider where the markers are on the surface/mesh.

Rhod,

37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128, you can know this by comparing the slipVelo of the powered wheels with a fixed value, if ABS value of slipVelo is greater than that fixed value (lets say 1) then it is skidding, you can change the fixed value to make it detect it early or later the skidding.

Rhod,

38. Atrosity

Atrosity

Apologize if any of these has been answered

Is there plans for Photon Unity Networking support for multiplayer?
    Drag Race AI system?

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Atrosity!

There is no problem at all, you can always ask as many times as you want ;)

For Photon implementation, we have a client that have done a project using Photon for a Multiplayer game (including AI) which we have been giving support to them along the way, and we have been also making the necessary changes on our side to iRDS to make it possible.

About Drag Race AI system , this is something we have plans to do, and it is also way more easy to implement than other game modes requested, so we expect to add this one pretty soon.

If you have any other question, always feel free to ask.

40. Shigidy

Shigidy

So photon multiplayer implementation might be a thing soon. That makes me so happy. :) I can't wait.

41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Shigidy,

Photon implementation is already possible, but all the necessary code needs to be write to make it work (photon side code) and some knowledge on what methods to use from iRDS to accomplish it.

Rhod,

42. ZiadJ

ZiadJ

Just curious to know how the traffic system is going. It's been 2 months already.

43. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi ZiadJ,

We are working on some improvements for the traffic system while we are working on other project (which uses the traffic system) for a client, that gives the advantage of testing it already on a real project, which is really good.

We expect having it for release for the next month or August.

Rhod,

44. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Does your product integrate with Road Architect?

Also can you list all of the other assets you integrate with? I see in just skimming this thread a mention of Eddy's physics but I was looking for a complete list. Thanks again for your time.

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi longroadhwy,

Our product can be used with any road tool, since it uses colliders to work, so it works with road architect, track buildr, easy roads, any other package for building roads or tracks.

Also it is compatible out of the box with Edy's car physics and UnityCar and it can be integrated with any other car physics that uses inputs like this:

Steering --> from -1 to 1
    Throttle --> from 0 to 1
    Brake --> from 0 to 1
    Handbrake --> from 0 to 1

You could use the Edy's car physics iRDS interface scripts to make it work with other car physics that use wheelcolliders and UnityCar iRDS interface scripts with any other car physics that use something else like raycasting.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  46. pinchmass

pinchmass

HI

hopefully a quick one, sorry if this has been asked ( I wish you could search just a thread on these forums)

I am wanting the camera to switch to a different view at a point on the track (going though a tunnel lets say)

I was hoping to put an object as a trigger on the track here (to change the camera view to in car) then out of the tunnel back to external view)

Just was not sure where to start I know you put lots of lovely calls to your code to make this easy, but thought I would ask for some pointers on where to starts, does that make sense ?

also very excited about the traffic system (1 sold here) iRDS is the BEST supported asset I use, love you guys !

If Panama were in the world cup I'd be routing for you !

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass!

You can always ask whatever you want to, no problem at all. ;)

Well what you want to do is something that can be done with iRDS in a pretty easy way, using the triggers as you have planned to do so.

The method in this case for doing the camera view change to a predefined view is

public Transform changeView(string preferred)

this method is non static (so you need to get the instance of the class IRDSCarCamera to be able to use it, and you pass to this method the exact name (case sensitive) of the CameraView you want to change to, for the current car targeted by the camera; this method returns a Transform, but you can call it without receiving it without any issues in this case.

Notice that for doing the trigger to work correctly, you must check that the car that is passing or entering the trigger is the actual target of the camera, a way to check this could be by just checking that IRDSStatistics.GetCurrentCar().gameObject is the same as the Collider root gameObject that is entering the trigger, so you avoid others cars to be making the camera view of the camera target to be switching it when they enter the trigger (if that comparison does not returns true, try using then the GetInstance() of those gameObjects).

Thanks a lot for your wishes! and we hope we could get into the world cup for the next time!!

Pretty soon we would be opening a new thread for the traffic system and posting some videos of what it does and how the editor interface would be, so we can get feedback from you guys too, which is really important for us.

Thanks again, and lets us know if you need anything else!

48. kilik128

kilik128

any change log please

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Kilik128,

Here is the change log:

iRDS V2.0.1.5

• Added RPM Limiter to the engine class, now you can define where the engine cuts-off
    • Improved the engine code, now it feels more real.
    • Added Auto-resize option for the mobile controls layouts.
    • Added the option to make a forced Throttle lift up when shifting.
    • Added Heel-Toe downshift auto technique.
    • Added a change layout method for the mobile controls to work at runtime
    • Fixed a bug on the manually instantiated cars that are not getting passed the settings of overrideNitroInput
    • Added the option of Unique Opponent Car on the race
    • Now the minimap is tottaly deactivated and shot off when SetMiniMapsActive(false) is used.
    • Added Copy properties functionality for tires settings
    • Added Copy properties functionality for wing settings
    • Added a validation to Veriffy if there is another car on the respawn point, to avoid cars collision and explosion respawns.
    • Fixed bug about when changing the track center offset not updating the track automatically and not enabling the process all track data button.
    • Added wheelie multiplier to make the cars do wheelies easier and for bikes too
    Rhod,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  50. huxley

huxley

Hey Jose, I saw some time ago that Capture the flag was added to IRDS. This is great. I'd like to learn more about how I can put this functionality into a game, but I cannot find any instructions in the current documentation. Is there anywhere that Capture the flag mode is explained in more detail.

unityunity