Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Martin_Master,

Please kindly send on Private Message or to josegarrido@dagagames.com your invoice number to get your product registered.

That issue seems to be from unity itself. Try opening unity and then go to windows/asset store login there with your id and pass and then you should be able to download it and import.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Rhod,

2. Martin_Master

Martin_Master

now I can download the game..
    when I try it on the android .
    I can't turn left or turn right .
    I just can accel or brake the car..

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Martin_Master,

Thanks for your purchase.

Please kindly send your invoice number in a PM or to our email. Is required to register your product for support.

Thanks again for your purchase.

Rhod,

4. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we did gave support promptly to Martin_Master after he send us his invoice number.

Rhod,

5. eddyjohnson3

eddyjohnson3

Hi Rhod,

Im working on my custom controls script for the iRDS native car physics. I want the car to go backwards and brake using the same input button depending on the speed. I can read the cars speed using GetCarSpeed(), but this value will always be positive. Is there a way I can find out if the car is rolling backwards?

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi eddyjohnson3,

We use a different approach to do exactly the same, here is some lines of code:

This is for a digital input, in this case is the code from the AndroidPlayerScrip.cs

Code (csharp):
    2. //First we check if the car is in reverse gear, if it is, then we swap the throttle and brake inputs, so throttle is brake and brake is throttle
    3. if (drivetrain.GetAutomatic()  drivetrain.GetGear() == 0)
    4.         {
    5.             if (throttle)
    6.                 carInputs.setBrakeInput( 1);
    7.             else carInputs.setBrakeInput( 0);
    8.             if (brake)
    9.                 carInputs.setThrottleInput(1);
    10.             else carInputs.setThrottleInput(0);
    11.         }
    12. //If the gear is different than zero, then we use normal inputs, throttle is throttle and brake is brake
    13. else
    14.         {
    15.             if (throttle)
    16.                 carInputs.setThrottleInput( 1);
    17.             else carInputs.setThrottleInput( 0);
    18.             if (brake)
    19.                 carInputs.setBrakeInput(1);
    20.             else carInputs.setBrakeInput(0);
    21.         }
    23. //In this part of the code is were we check if the car is at lower speed (less than 1 meter per second) and we are on first or neutral gear and hitting brake, then we switch to reverse gear
    24.         if (drivetrain.GetAutomatic()  (drivetrain.GetGear()== 1 || drivetrain.GetGear() == 2)  brake  carInputs.GetCarSpeed() < 1f)
    25.         {
    26.             drivetrain.gearWanted = 0;
    27.         }
    28. //In this part we do the contrary, we check if the gear is at reverse and the throttle is pressed and the car speed is lower than 1, then we change to first gear
    29.         if (drivetrain.GetAutomatic()  drivetrain.GetGear()== 0  throttle  carInputs.GetCarSpeed() < 1f)
    30.         {
    31.             drivetrain.gearWanted = 2;
    32.         }
    Other way could be getting the velocity of the rigidbody and doing an inverse transform direction and use the z axis to get the speed in negative and positive, but this would duplicate things that are already done by our car physics, just that we dont use signs on the speed.

Let us know if this helps you to achieve what you need.

Rhod,

7. eddyjohnson3

eddyjohnson3

That code works great. Thanks.

8. dani_roads

dani_roads

Hi.. i buy your product.. and it greats!!! Buy how i can reise the plugin performance??? I have 24 cars and 5 fps!!! Help please...

Thanks!!!!

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Daniel Caminos,

Thanks for your purchase, please kindly send us your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com to register your product and we would get back to you with support.

Thanks again for your purchase.

Rhod,

10. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Daniel Caminos,

Thanks for registering your product. Your question is about making 24+ cars working on mobile, we have sent you some tips to improve performance more, but we haven't seen yet a game made with Unity that hits that number of cars running at same time on a racing game for mobile. Not telling it can't be done, but not yet seen one, if I'm not wrong ;)

Rhod,

11. pinchmass

pinchmass

could you add the tips on performance in the next documentation update please?

I have not use iRDS for mobile yet (just a little play) do we rig the cars differently ?

12. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

We can share them here, no problem at all.

The main things are:

Disable the visual reacing line, by going into the IRDSManager object and expanding it to see it's children, then select the RaceLineRenderer object and disable it.

And second, is to increase the Fixed Time stetp from the default 0,02 to 0.03.

Rhod,

13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that for our next version update release iRDS would be able to be used with photon networking for creating networking games including AI's and multiplayers.

We are currently doing some other test about it, and we have it working now, still some minor things needs to be improved.

Rhod, :cool:

14. pinchmass

pinchmass

great news well done on another great feature.

Any news on adding Edys/Unitycar physics to the beta I know you were talking about a new way of integrating alternate physics.

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

That would be the last step for the update, so we are more like closing all the minor details on the features we have added until now, to just start with the integration, which should be not too complex to do.

We would keep you informed in here.

Rhod,

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  16. sabuj2014

sabuj2014

Hello Rhodnius,

I need your DemoScene1 fully working for Android or working Car choose scene for android.
    Is it possible without writing script or without get help from programmer?

Br.
    Sabuj

17. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi sabuj2014,

Thanks for your purchase and for sending us your invoice number, we have replied to your question by email. Let us know if you need something else.

18. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys,

Just wanted to keep you updated on the beta version.

We are currently working on the integration with the other car physics, so we are more like on the final state of the beta, then we need to update the docs and manual to be able to get to the final release.

Rhod,

19. pinchmass

pinchmass

great can't wait to test it (I'v noticed you own physics systems for the car improve and really like it now) but I like the feel of Unitycar for steering wheel input and pedels + a gear shifter).

you guys work hard. keep it up

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks pinchmass!

You can also use the steering wheel input and pedals + gear shifter with the beta of iRDS, let us know if you notice something that needs improvement there.

Thanks again!

Rhod,

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

To keep you up to date, we have done in the beta version the integration with Edy's VP, now we just need to work on the UnityCar integration side, which is relatively easier, since the code from the core now is arranged to work with Edys, just the interface scripts needs to be modified, so we expect to have this done today.

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

UnityCar Integration is done also, now we just would test it to see if everything is fine, and would start updating the docs to get this new version released.

23. pinchmass

pinchmass

great news will you be adding these to the beta access dropbox before publishing.

dare I ask what you have in the pipe line for the next update (this has been a mammoth update)

24. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Hi rhodnius

as you know , the New UnityCar V3.0 is going to release sooner or later , do you going to integrate it as well ?!

thanks

25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Extreme_u3Damon,

How iRDS is build in, you should be able to use any car physics with it, so the answer is yes.

Rhod,

26. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

It is already there :p

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

We have everything done right now for the new release, we have updated the Docs (still some more updates would be required on the new methods and variables, that we would update on the road) and we are now putting it all together on the release package to submit it to the Asset store today.

We want to thanks all of you that have participated from the Beta Testing Program and we want to give some special thanks to those of you that have been giving constant feedback on this process, which have been key to us for making this asset a little better.

Thanks again, and we would let you know once we have submitted the package to the Asset store, then we would need to wait a few days for their approval.

We are going also to include the package (complete new release) on the repository.

We also have plans to make the docs for the methods and variables available on the classes on a more friendly web based documentation.

Also, we think we should name this version, V2.0 since we have made a lot of changes and we have added many many new features too, what you think?

Rhod,:cool:

28. pinchmass

pinchmass

yer you'v been at it for so long I think it deserves v2

29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yep, we are going to release it as V2.0 :D

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys,

We are pleased to announce that we have submitted the new iRDS version to the asset store, also we have already uploaded this new version to the repository.

Enjoy!

Rhod , :cool:

31. Shigidy

Shigidy

Nice!!!!!

32. pinchmass

pinchmass

Quick question Rhod could you advise me on the best method to try and add human arms to a steering wheel (that move).

I'v not made/bought a 3D model yet, I'm just thinking about the best way to go about it (as I think I'd be controlling playing an animation) rather than just rotating the wheel.

any advice where to start ?

33. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

You can use the output of the input control class (IRDSCarControlInput) for the steering using the method float GetSteerInput(), which returns values from -1 to 1 and use this to make your animation work with. This should be the easier way to do it, and yes, the animation is better if it does the animation of the arms and steering wheel, this way you wont need the internal iRDS animation of the steering wheel and the animation would be synced.

Rhod,

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys,

The new iRDS version 2.0 is now available on the asset store!

35. derkoi

derkoi

Good work on the update. :)

I'm just wondering if there's any planned support for these 2 very useful assets for track making:

Track BuildR

Road Architect

36. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

Thanks!

We already own Track BuildR, so we have plans to support it, the other one we also have plans to buy it and support it too (this doesn't mean you can't already use iRDS with them, since iRDS can be used on any collider surface, just to be able to use the info from those tools to build the virtual track faster, if possible).

Rhod,

37. pinchmass

pinchmass

just a few suggestions / question (get you busy on the next update……)

I was thinking about a pod racer / wipeout type game, could you make a car rig that has no wheels (visible) and maybe a kind of hover feel to the physics ?
    also I was thinking could you make a car rig that has everything striped out (just a simple cube for example rotates and moves around track) for grouping a 3d model to for huge amounts of AI cars/cubes.
    I was thinking I could us iRDS to make a running game (avatars rather than cars) like a marathon race with loads of other runners.

just some silly ideas …….

also did you get the 2 wheel rigging working ?

loving V2 keep up the great work

38. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

Thanks for the ideas!

You can rig a pod already though. Just put some fake tires in the places you want your pod to be hokd up and make a prefab of it (prefab with only the model and the fake tires model not rigged yet) then rig it as usual and when you are done disable the mesh of the fake tires. Soften the suspension and you should have a nice hovering pod there ready for racing.

About the second idea, maybe that can be done with some kind of physics done for handling the movement of the cubes and use the edys or unitycar script with some mods to interface with the AI scripts.

And finally, yep you can already rig 2 wheel vehicles, just rig them as usual and the script for motorcycle would be attached if the vehicle have 2 wheels. Then find the IRDSMotorCycle script on the vehicle and adjust parameters as needed.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Rhod,

39. pinchmass

pinchmass

speedy as always :D

40. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey I know we just got an update, but I was wondering if you could tell me what you thought about these:

-Boost Steering at low speeds option. Makes super-speedways work and short tracks, with same steering velocity.
    -Rolling Start.
    -Car audio like a spotter,

41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Shigidy!

We are going to work on those for the next update, definitively rolling starts would be included!

Rhod,

42. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Here are some other stuff we are working on for the next update!

• Audio blending for the Cars sounds, you would be able to setup more complex audio for the engine and tire skids (like in FMOD)
    • Some other camera options, to give more freedom on the camera usage
    • Performance improvements
    • Rolling starts

Rhod,

43. derkoi

derkoi

I think the only other thing missing from this excellent asset are replays. ;) ;)

44. kilik128

kilik128

any change log in 2.0

45. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Rhod, any tips of simulating a single gear Kart please? Not sure what gear settings to adjust.

Also, once a trailer is rigged, who do i use it? Do i need a joint or something? Thanks

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  46. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

The replays are definitely included on the roadmap list.

Rhod,

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

Here is the change log, it is also included on the readme file.

Rhod,

48. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

For simulating a single gear kart make the gear ratios array to have only 3 gears, the first one should be reverse the second neutral (value of 0) and the last one the forward gear, the adjust the forward gear ratio and the final drive to match the desired top speed, be aware that the tops speed can't be too high, or the kart wont be able to move due to the too high ratio.

For using the trailer you need to use a joint.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Rhod,

49. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Rhod, i have a display issue on Windows 8.1 - I've attached a screenshot but it's not showing on this crappy forum (again!), let me know if it shows up for you.

$irds_issue.JPG

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Derkoi,

It seems to be a Unity version related, not OS one, for now just make the inspector less wide and it would get corrected.

We would take a look at it too and find a way to fix that.

Rhod