Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. Shigidy

Shigidy

Can't wait!!! :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. Azerbo

Azerbo

Hello,

We are contemplating buying this plugin for our new mobile racing game. Can you give me more information about its performance on mobile platforms?

I saw on the reviews that your plugin did not support windows phone back in April. Has it changed since then?

Thanks!

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello Azerbo,

Thanks for your interest in our product, you can find in our web site on the iRDS/Download section two APK for testing on mobile (www.dagagames.com), with those you could test it directly on mobile ;)

About windows phone 8, we haven't yet tested it directly on a windows phone, but we did checked some warnings that where popping up when switching to that platform and where related to writing and reading from a file, so we have avoided this on the latest version, and the warnings are not there any more, so we think it should work ok on windows phone 8.

Thanks again for your interest in our product.

Rhod,

4. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Jake,

We have found a minor bug on the method RemoveCar on the IRDSPlaceCars class when it is used exactly as you did, we have already fixed this issue and send to you the fixed dlls.

If any other is having the same issue, we have uploaded the fix to the repository. Please contact me in case you need those fix, they would ba also included on the new version.

Rhod, :cool:

5. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Rhod, I have a little issue. When my player car finishes a race and the AI takes over the controls, it smashes in to the barriers. It seems like it's steering but the car just continues going forwards.

I'm using Unitycar and I've tried disabling player input on race end but it makes no difference. Any ideas? :)

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

I'm going to look into it and let you know.

Rhod,

7. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks Rhod!

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

This is the new features status:

• Make some sounds array that could be played for X event. - Done
    • Add a Dynamic change on the aggressiveness of the AI drivers for making the corners depending on the player distance and their positions, so the AI could adjust to make the player feel more like racing with other human players and not feeling alone. - in Progress
    • Add top speed engine limiter. - Done
    • Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - Done, integrated with cop mode!
    • Add selection of what to show for the final standings, and also the ability to add a background to it, make the position of the end standings be changeable - Done
    • Make the speed configurable for initial race preview - Done
    • Assign the player car its initial position manually if you want, instead of random. - Done
    • Make mini map as a line. - Done
    • Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - in Progress
    • Police chasing mode - Done
    • CheckPoint based racing -Currently in Progress

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• Add a Dynamic change on the aggressiveness of the AI drivers for making the corners depending on the player distance and their positions, so the AI could adjust to make the player feel more like racing with other human players and not feeling alone. - in Progress
    • Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - Done, integrated with cop mode!
    • Add selection of what to show for the final standings, and also the ability to add a background to it, make the position of the end standings be changeable - Done
    • Assign the player car its initial position manually if you want, instead of random. - Done
    • Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - in Progress
    • NEW**** --Last Man Standing/Knockout -Done and adding timer option

10. goat

goat

I added this to my favorites list but don't see source code? Is there a more expensive package with source code?

Also, I've bought Edy's Vehicle Physics. How does your physics compare?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  11. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi goat,

Thanks for your interest in our package, for now there is no more expensive package with source code.

About the car physics, here is a list of the features we have on our physics:

• Tyre model based on Pacejka Coefficients
    • Tyre wearing
    • Tyre heating (this would let the tyres warm up, before the max grip is achieved )
    • Configurable Damper and spring ratios
    • Configurable Camber Angle
    • Configurable Ackerman ratio
    • Configurable Toe angle
    • Configurable Gear Ratios
    • Configurable Engine parameters (Max torque, Max power, Rpms for both, engine friction, rpm friction)
    • Add Turbo and configure it
    • Aerodynamic Resistance
    • Wings (for making down pressure for better grip on curve, still in development for more realistic effect, like air drag, etc.)
    • Wind sound effect
    • Scratch sound effect
    • Grass sound effect
    • Pitch min and max variables available for setting up for all sounds effects that required pitch
    • Scratch visual effect (sparks)
    • Tire bump sound effects
    • Volume multipliers to all the sound effects of the car
    • Sound effect for starting the engine
    • Static friction to the car physics
    • Clutch feature to the car engines
    • Start engine
    • Nitro
    • Skidmarks
    • BackFire
    • Engine Sound
    • Brake Sound
    • Gear change sound
    • Turbo sound
    • Blow off turbo valve sound
    • Car rigger for easy rigging your cars (is like a wizard)
    • Traction control
    • ESC -Electronic Stability Control
    • Steer helper
    • ABS - Anti-Lock Brake System
    • Car Damage
    • Skid Sound
    • Grass particles
    • Dust particle (when the car is travelling on a dirt/sand surface)
    • Car HUD (Tachometer, Odometer, Gear, etc.)
    • Per Car HUD (Tachometer, Odometer, Gear, etc.)
    • Brake settings (Hand Brake and normal brake forces)
    • Automatic calculation of the mass fraction of the tires based on the position of the CoG (like in real world)

Up coming on the next release:
    • Sounds array- you could add many more sounds based on some events, like like tire hitting an specific physics material, AI overtaking, AI avoiding, AI braking, etc.
    • Speed limiter for the car
    • Rolling resistance by physics materials

If you have any other question, we are pleased to answer them.

12. goat

goat

OK, it sound good to me. I'm not sure it will work on an iPod touch 4th gen but it's worth trying. I probably want 4 cars but certainly not more than 8 in a game, even if all but one is AI.

13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• NEW**** --Last Man Standing/Knockout -Done The timer option would be available only for circuits without subtracks, you could use it anyway with subtracks, but with the risk that when a car enters a subtracks the wrong car could get disqualified, so is better not use it but on circuits only.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  14. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Rhod, i have another few feature requests.

Camera shake that we can adjust as the cars get faster
    Adjustable camera perspective, I noticed you already do it as the car accelerates but I can't find a way to increase the effect?
    Replays - so when the race is over we can show a replay of the race. :)

Keep up the great work :)

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi!

Thanks for your comments, those are really good ideas, about the camera shake, we are currently implementing the use of a configurable joint, so the "Drivers" camera view moves a little with the physics, we are adjusting the values of the joint to achieve better results, but it looks pretty good so far, you can do this right away without waiting for the next release.

About the perspective, we can add some value settings for this on the camera positions script so it could be tweaked by you ;)

About the replays, we have plans on doing something for that one, but not for this release, we are writing all of these ideas down!

Thanks again derkoi!

Rhod,

16. derkoi

derkoi

No problem, i have another idea too. Ghost replays of fastest laps. :)

17. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks derkoi,

We are going to put that one too on our features request list.

18. derkoi

derkoi

Excellent thanks.

19. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• CheckPoint based racing (Includes Speed Trap mode) -Done
    • NEW**** --Last Man Standing/Knockout -Done The timer option would be available only for circuits without subtracks, you could use it anyway with subtracks, but with the risk that when a car enters a subtracks the wrong car could get disqualified, so is better not use it but on circuits only.

20. pinchmass

pinchmass

your obviously been busy, keep up the good work, is their any ETA, or chance of a beta release of the next update.

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

Thanks for the comments!

We are going to announce to our customers (if they want to be part of the beta testing) when the beta is available, I don't want to promise an ETA, but i think for the beta it could be more or less in two more weeks or less, then we have to port all of these features (the ones that are not part of the physics) to the other two versions (Edy's vehicle physics and UnityCar) to be able to get to the final release of this new update.

We are also making some performance improvements (more on the GC collect side) like avoiding the use of strings and other stuff to make it run even smother.

Another thing is that we are adding some other features not listed on the previous post, that would be announced once they are implemented.

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• NEW**** Capture the flag -Currently in progress 90%

23. Point Mars

Point Mars

Hello, I have a problem. When I import my car model it keeps falling through the ground. How do I fix this? Great work btw!

24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Point Mars,

Thanks for your purchase!

please kindly send by a pm or to josegarrido@dagagames.com your invoice number to add you to our customer database, and to our customer support.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Rhod,

25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Point Mars,

Thanks for sending you invoice number.

About the cars going through the ground, are you using the full version of iRDS with it's own car physics? or Edy's or Unitycar version? just to understand what could be the problem.

if you are not using a terrain, please check that the mesh that would be the terrain and road have a mesh colider component attached to it, also check that the car have a mesh collider or a boxcollider.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Rhod,

26. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Hey , am tracking this Kit and actually am waiting for some special thing to Happen ! :D

its a great Job " rhodnius " can you update me with some info about Drifting Techniques , Tire Spin (Heavy Spins , Spine Force Reaction such as what you can see in the NFS Most Wanted 2012) are these features already implemented ? or will implement in near future ?!

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Extreme_u3Damon,

Thanks a lot for your interest in our product, the car physics are based on the Pacejka formulas and intended to simulate real car physics (we are working each time to make it more and more near to it) so the tires can react (depending on the pacejka coefficients you feed to the formulas) very close to a real tire, so in short, you should be able to do what you are asking, we are going to make some test and put a video in here with the results on drifting,

Thanks again for your comments!

28. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - Done
    • NEW**** Capture the flag -Done
    • NEW**** Add names of driver on top of the cars -It is added, just need to be integrated with levelload
    • NEW**** Configurable field of view for the far and near exterior views -Done
    • NEW**** Improved automatic gear shifting (now is speed dependent instead of rpm) -Done
    • NEW**** enable disable backfire -Done
    • NEW**** Camera Shake for drivers view(using configurable joint) -Done
    • NEW**** Implemented a Camera not see through walls -Done
    • NEW**** Add different particle for nitro as an option -Done
    • NEW**** Make assigned drivers to have their independent settings if decided -Done

Bugs fixed:

Missing waypoint causing lap to not be counted
    Down shifting on manual gear with automatic clutch getting to weird high rpm fixed
    Fix camera far and near, so when the car is flipping it feels right

29. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

Nice Features ! and thanks so much for doing stuff so fast and the good support and feature you planing to achieve !

just another question is : does this pack , Support for "Force Feed Back" ? Cause we are planing a Simulation System (Driving) and does your pack Supports it ? or we can rely on the UnityCar physics for the Force Feed Back Option ?

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Extreme_u3Damon,

Yes our system supports force feedback, you would need Logitech SDK package in order to use it.

Rhod,

31. pinchmass

pinchmass

cant wait, this update is look very impressive, just to check are the new feature compatible with the alternate physics systems (edy's)

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

The new features would be compatible with both Edys and UnityCar, but keeping in mind that only the features non related to the car physics.

33. btiger19

btiger19

Hi rhodnius

If I'm using UnityCar for car physics system, can I use the IRDSCarControllInput to control the player car? I'm testing it, but it seems doesn't work.

Thanks.

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi btiger19,

I just responded to your email, let me know if you need anything else.

Rhod,

35. btiger19

btiger19

Thanks. rhodnius, great and quick support.

36. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Jose, just wanted to say thanks for your help and to second the great and quick support. Plus I wanted to bump this page up, so I wouldn't have to search for it.

Also wanted to make a request. Could drag racing be a new gametype. One where you could even "red light" like the car could take off before the green light and would make the run not count. That would be amazing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Shigidy,

Thanks for your comments! and you are welcome!

We would think in a way to implement it, but would be for the release next to the current one ;)

Rhod,

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  38. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

This is the new features status (this features are going to be included on the upcoming version release):

• Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - Done
    • NEW**** Add names of driver on top of the cars -It is added, just need to be integrated with levelload
    • NEW**** Improved automatic gear shifting (now is speed dependent instead of rpm) -Done
    • NEW**** Make assigned drivers to have their independent settings if decided -Done
    • NEW ADDED STUFF
    • NEW**** Added extra particles and shuriken support for smoke effects and other physics material dependent effects -Done
    • NEW**** Added Bump factor for different physic materials to simulate uneven terrains, even if the mesh is flat the car would bump -Done
    • NEW**** Added Sink factor for different physics materials, this would allow to simulate tire sinking, like when the tire is on sand for example -Done
    • NEW**** Improved default tire smoke and added advanced tire smoke, when burning tire, the smoke surrounds the tire creating a better smoke effect-Done
    • NEW**** Added physic materials to be previously added to the SkidMarks object, improving performance (now the detection of the physics materials wont be done by name and avoiding the use of strings) -Done
    • NEW**** Added rolling resistance for each physic material to be setup, now you can setup a bigger rolling resistance for grass and sand, i.e. -Done

Bugs fixed:

Down shifting on manual gear with automatic clutch getting to weird high rpm fixed

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  39. derkoi

derkoi

Sounds awesome!

Are you adding camera shake to the external camera too? I think it's needed to convey speed. Also, could we call a function to jolt the camera when the car crashes?

Take a look how awesome this is with camera shake..

[video=youtube_share;x1olRe4q6pY]http://youtu.be/x1olRe4q6pY?t=59s

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

Yep, i think that is possible, even with the current version, using a configurable joint should do the trick.

Rhod,

41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

Here are some pics of some of the new things that we are adding to the system to make your work easier (these features would be available on the upcoming version release).

One of the first improvements is that we are removing the constantly refresh of the track data that the system makes automatically on the available version current on asset store (V1.09.1.2) and putting instead a "Process all Tracks Data" button that would be available at the IRDSManager and all the markers of waypoints, waypoints of the pits, etc. This button would be red and clickable if you have edited the track and a data refresh is needed (is important to highlight here that YOU MUST press the button for the system to work if the button is red, so after doing all the modifications you want, press this button if it is red) and would turn green if the track data is already processed, Here is a pic:

Data not processed on markers
    $pic1.png

Data not processed on IRDSManager
    $pic2.png

Data already processed
    $pic4.png

Another feature you are going to see on the upcoming version is that each "type" of marker would have a color for differentiating them, the color would match the color of the line that it represents, so for example, the markers for the racing line would have red, and the ones for the track limits would have yellow. Also for the new feature of sub tracks, the markers would have the color you assigned to the racing line and tracklimits for those sub tracks, here is a screenshot:

$pic3.png

42. pinchmass

pinchmass

looks like xmas is coming early, cant wait, any eta on the release date or beta release (keep checking dropbox), well done, this looks like a real big upgrade sure you have been busy.

43. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass,

Thanks for the comments, and yes is really lots of new stuff on this one, we are willing to release the beta no later than next week, but we need to consider that over here are upcoming some holidays (this weekend until 5 of November), so we may be releasing the beta for the next weekend before those holidays.

Rhod,

44. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

This is the new features status (this features are going to be included on the upcoming version release):

• Add a Dynamic change on the aggressiveness of the AI drivers for making the corners depending on the player distance and their positions, so the AI could adjust to make the player feel more like racing with other human players and not feeling alone. - in Progress currently working on it.
    • NEW**** Added extra particles and shuriken support for smoke effects and other physics material dependent effects -Done
    • NEW**** Added Bump factor for different physic materials to simulate uneven terrains, even if the mesh is flat the car would bump -Done
    • NEW**** Added Sink factor for different physics materials, this would allow to simulate tire sinking, like when the tire is on sand for example -Done
    • NEW**** Improved default tire smoke and added advanced tire smoke, when burning tire, the smoke surrounds the tire creating a better smoke effect-Done
    • NEW**** Added physic materials to be previously added to the SkidMarks object, improving performance (now the detection of the physics materials wont be done by name and avoiding the use of strings) -Done
    • NEW**** Added rolling resistance for each physic material to be setup, now you can setup a bigger rolling resistance for grass and sand, i.e. -Done
    • NEW ADDED STUFF On This Week
    • NEW**** Add shake when rpm is lower than idle and when it is getting to the redline-Done
    • NEW**** Rough idle RPM setting-Done
    • NEW**** Big process data button on IRDSManager and Markers-Done
    • NEW**** Editing Markers is faster now, the red line and yellow lines gets updated faster when editing them-Done
    • NEW**** Create array for dropping the cars on the levelload Object (This would be very useful for using it with asset bundles, since you would be able to assign to the levelload object the cars you want to instantiate on the race)-Done
    • NEW****Trailer support (Now you would be able to use the rigger wizard to rig a trailer for use with truck)-Done

Bugs fixed:

Fixed bar tachometer

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that DAC (Dynamic Aggressiveness Change) is implemented and integrated with levelload Object, you would be able to enable/disable it and set the settings for the AI's by range or for each specific AI on the upcoming update release.

Now we are going to work on the last part of this update, which is integrating the mobile controls into the already implemented IRDSPlayerControls, so you would be able to choose between Axis(Analogue), Keyboard and mobile controls using an enum, and on level load would be the enum popup for choosing it, we are going to keep the old digitalControl variable there, so if you are currently working with it, you wont get affected by this new feature, and the enum would include a "Old control" Item on the list and would be put as default, so you could continue using that variable.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  46. samshosho

samshosho

can you use the package without easy roads ???
    I already got the package and imported it into my project, but i already have a track, that's NOT an easy road track and it's NOT a terrain, so how do i work with your package ?

I just want to add way points manually, can you please guide me through that?

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi samshosho,

Thanks for your purchase!

You can work with iRDS in any kind of track, it can be made with Easyroads or not, please kindly send us your invoice number to our email: josegarrido@dagagames.com and we would get back to you asap with support.

Rhod,

48. eridani

eridani

I am interested in buying this package to make a cartoony cart-racing type game, but I don't think that is possible without having access to the source code (think about modifying it to make a Mario-kart style game). Is there a reason you are not releasing the source code? Thank you.

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi eridani,

Thanks for your interest in iRDS! for now we don't have plans to make a source code version, if you are planning to make a cartoony kart-racing type of game, there could be some "physics" cheats that may could be done externally of our physics engine to make the cars a lot more arcade (like in Mario kart), we are going to make some "test" on this kind of car physics to see if this could be an option, and would get back to you with a test result.

We have already some clients that are targeting more or less the same type of physics and they are using iRDS physics, so also i'm going to get in touch with them to know what they are doing for achieving it.

Rhod,

50. eridani

eridani

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm also concerned about adding things to the vehicles such as the ability to shoot projectiles like missiles or bananas, get powerups such as temporary shields and speed boosts, being shrunk in size, etc...you know, very cartoony stuff. Would you be able to provide "hooks" into the vehicle code so that I could implement such functionality with my own external classes? Or would you recommend it is simply better off for me to go with a similar racing system that does provide the source code. Thanks!