Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that the update version of the web demo is uploaded now.

Enjoy,

Rhod, :cool:

2. emergki

emergki

Hi Rhod!

Your new Demo is Amazing! :D

3. umar_farooq

umar_farooq

Hi Rhod!
    Could you please, give me some details before I purchase this package;
    1. Supported Platforms, specially mobile? (iOS, Android and Windows Phone...)
    2. Compatibility with Unity car by UnityPackages?
    3. How tracks will be integrated with it, have you tested some of tracks available on Store?
    4. Please, share your new demo URL; You have not mention in your last post. :)

Thanks,

4. Djiel

Djiel

The link in is the first post, on page 1 :)
    Very nice work on it, it's much improved!

5. emergki

emergki

Hi Man, I'm not Rhod but, I can answer some of your questions ;)

1- Android is supported, Rhod have a demo on the Rhod's website (www.dagagames.com)
    2- Yes, it work very good with UnityCar;
    3- You can use the track of your choice, doesn't matter what kind of track you want to use;
    4- The new demo URL are in the first post or, go to the Rhod's website;

And, you can see the game I made using iRDS in this post:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/195172-Heavy-Truck-Racing-V%C3%ADdeo

Or, just watch the video here:

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi umar_farooq,

Thanks for your interest on iRDS!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. iRDS have been tested officially on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, Web Player, i would check on Flash since i don't remember if we tested on that one, and for Windows Phone 8, we have not officially tested it on the device but for the last update we did checked by switching to that target platform for all the warnings and eliminated all the warnings that were showing up about Windows Phone 8, so it should work on that platform too.

2. The system comes with 2 packages inside of the main package, one for Edy's, VP and another for UnityCar so it is compatible with both.

3. One of our clients, Shigidy, have bought several tracks from the store and have used our system without problems with those, the system can be used on all tracks if they are sprint and circuit type without shortcuts for now.

4. The web demo link is on the first post and also on our web page (www.dagagames.com), here is the direct link Link

If you have any other question, we are glad to answer them,

Rhod :cool:

7. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks emergki!

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks Djiel! we worked hard on this one, to show off what you can do with iRDS.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  9. Shigidy

Shigidy

Sweet new demo, everything looks so new and shiny. The ai is really good!!!

10. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks!

11. gringo2012

gringo2012

Hey Rhod

The new demo looks awesome.
    Is there any link where we can download it from? (those that bought irds of course) or do we need to send you a personal email?
    I like the car camera and would love to use the script in my game.

Are you planning on adding an option which tells you if you are driving backwards or not? Maybe with an option to add a collider x meters back so that the car is stoped if he wants to continue driving backwards

Thanks

12. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi gringo2012,

thanks! We have already a client's download section in our web page, you need to sign up and wait for your request to be approved (use the same email you have used to writw to us, since that request is reviewed manually and we would check your email with our database, if we dont find it we would ask for the invoice number to add you to both, the client's section and our clients database).

we have in that section the backfire effect from the demo, for now, and would upload there more stuff soon.

The camera used on the demo is the same that iRDS package have, just changed the settings on the objects inside the cars that are under the object camera views and changed those object position on the car too, i would post a detailed way to set it up the right way, so you could have the same result as the web demo.

Also, the class IRDSCarControllerAI has a variable called wrongway(im not on my pc now, so i would check the variable name, if i remember well is called wrongway) this variable has a value of true if the car is going the wrong way, so you cab use it to display a wrongway message, we would add this option to the custom GUItexture and GUIText that can be added with iRDSManager.

If you need anything else, let us know,

Rhod,

13. emergki

emergki

Hi Gringo2012,

To make the camera, you need only to set the object that represent the camera on the roof of the vehicle, like this:
    I used this setup on the script:
    Distance: 5
    Height: 1
    Height Damping: 4
    Rotation Damping: 3

$CameraPosition.jpg

14. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks emergki!

Yep that is how we setup the camera gringo2012, let us know if that worked for you.

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

We are currently working on the Cop Mode feature for our next release, here are some pics.

$CopMode.png $CopMode1.png $CopMode2.png

Hope you like it!

16. emergki

emergki

Very Cool Rhod! :D

17. umar_farooq

umar_farooq

18. gv

gv

Do you have plans on ever releasing the source code with this asset ?

I am interested, but would also like the freedom to make my own changes...

19. Tomji

Tomji

Particle System for Nitro, question and issue.
    I want to have a huge Flame come out of my overhead racer. I cannot make it look good with any setting that I have tried. I've tried setting the scale and the "Start Size" but it always comes out of the car as a tiny puff that is barely visible. Attached a pic with my crazy dimensions that have little effect, except make it appear wider?
    It also appears that the particles effect triggers at least twice behind each of the back wheels, would be good to have an option for a single particle effect.
    Any help with what settings I would need to use to make the particle system better visible?
    $particle.png

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi gv,

For now we don't have plans for releasing on a source code way, but if so we would let you know.

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Tomji,

I just did a little test, and this is our results:
    $Huge Back Fire.png

and this is what we changed on the particle effect:

$Huge Back Fire1.png

Just change the size over time settings.

About the backfire positions, you need to adjust the backfire positions manually on your car, you may have some "emitting points" outside the car, see the picture bellow:

$Huge Back Fire2.png

You can also reduce the number of backfires effects, by deleting the objects inside the main BackFires object under the car main object (the ones called BackFire_1, BackFire_2, etc.)

If you need any help, just let us know.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

We want to let you know how things are going on the new features for the next release, here is the status of each one of them:

• Make some sounds array that could be played for X event. - in Progress
    • Add a Dynamic change on the aggressiveness of the AI drivers for making the corners depending on the player distance and their positions, so the AI could adjust to make the player feel more like racing with other human players and not feeling alone. - in Progress
    • Add top speed engine limiter. - in Progress
    • Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - in Progress
    • Add selection of what to show for the final standings, and also the ability to add a background to it, make the position of the end standings be changeable - Done
    • Make the speed configurable for initial race preview - Done
    • Assign the player car its initial position manually if you want, instead of random. - Done
    • Make mini map as a line. - in Progress
    • Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - in Progress
    • Police chasing mode - Done, adjusting it a little bit
    • CheckPoint based racing -in Progress

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  23. derkoi

derkoi

Excellent progress Rhod, looking forward to the new updates. :)

24. GameFit

GameFit

Hey Rhod

Your package looks quite good. I need just maybe this one feature to buy it:

Can the player car also use ai steering? The player would still control the throttle but not steer the vehicle?

Thx!

25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi GameFit,

Thanks for your interest!

The package already includes auto steering, auto throttle and auto brake for the player, so that is a feature already included,

26. GameFit

GameFit

Rhod,

Great! I assume that the auto steer, auto brake, and auto throttle can all be turned on or off separately?

Also, will there be a way to control the "crashiness" or craziness of the race? I may want the cars to crash sometimes for fun.

Cheers,
    Bill

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi GameFit,

Yes you can disable or enable them individually, at the editor or in runtime by script, just setting a bool on or off on the class that handles the AI.

About the "crashiness" or craziness of the race", you can also change at runtime, by script, the values of the AI to make that happen, like making them go faster on corners and that would make them crash on the corners.

Let me know if you have any other question,

28. Tomji

Tomji

Hey Rhod,

About the Cop car feature, can you add a some functions into it so that it allows us to programmatically enable any car to attempt to hit an object?
    I.e instead of hard coded Cop feature, allow us to instantiate an object into the game, and then we can set the AI to attempt to hit this specific object? Just a thought, I could see some use for this.
    Tomji

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Tomji.

We can think on a way to add this feature, also, the feature to add new obstacles in run-time to the race.

Rhod,

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

This is the new features status for now:

• Make some sounds array that could be played for X event. - Done
    • Add a Dynamic change on the aggressiveness of the AI drivers for making the corners depending on the player distance and their positions, so the AI could adjust to make the player feel more like racing with other human players and not feeling alone. - in Progress
    • Add top speed engine limiter. - Done
    • Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - in Progress
    • Add selection of what to show for the final standings, and also the ability to add a background to it, make the position of the end standings be changeable - Done
    • Assign the player car its initial position manually if you want, instead of random. - Done
    • Make mini map as a line. - Done
    • Add option on leveload for enabling / disabling ESP TCS etc for the players. - in Progress

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  31. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Rhod, I have a couple of feature suggestions for you.

1, Allow to add the track width and racing line markers at the same time with one click it adds both of them in the same position for quick testing, then the racing line can be adjusted as normal.

2, Add an option to race the track reversed in LevelLoad, so we can double the tracks in the game.

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks derkoi for the suggestions!

We are going to work on those too, but first we need to get done the features we already have been working on, those are really good suggestions, thanks again!

33. kilik128

kilik128

so it's working for android at this time ? compiled in javascript or c#

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi kilik128,

Thanks for your interest, yes it works on android, and it is compiled on C#.

Rhod,

35. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - in Progress(Working on this one right now)

So, we are currently working on the more complex part of this new features, make sub tracks exist on the main track. We would keep you updated on the status.

36. angel_m

angel_m

Does your system work on uneven terrain, I mean off road races for example?

37. derkoi

derkoi

It works on anything, I have mine doing jumps and the cars deal with it really well.

38. angel_m

angel_m

Ok, thanks.

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks derkoi, that is correct!

you can use it on off road type of track.

Rhod,

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys,

Here is a screenshot of how the edit mode of multiple tracks would look like, basically, the subtracks would look pretty much the same as the main track, so you can also change it's color to be able to differentiate it from each other.

Also, on the editor you would be able to set where the subtrack start (at which waypoint from the racing line) and where it ends, and the system would automatically look for the waypoint that match that position for both, the racing line of the subtrack and the tracklimits, then you just need to add the waypoints as for the main track, so it is pretty similar on how you setup it.

Here is a screenshot:

$Sub tracks2.png $Sub tracks1.png

You can see how the three tracks (main and 2 sub tracks) blend with each other, even the racing lines, in this pic the main tracks has default colors, yellow for limits, and red for racing line, and the other two sub tracks have different colors, one is purple for racing line and light blue for limits, and the other one is green for racing line and orange for limits, this way you can visually know if you are seeing the main track or a sub track.

41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys,

Here is a little video with the upcoming sub tracks feature, is a top down shot from the scene view, and in fast forward just to let you see how the AI's can take different sub tracks on the race.

This new feature not only would allow to create sub tracks between different points of the main track, you could also add a sub track that can start from another sub track and end in another sub track or on the main track!

Enjoy,

42. emergki

emergki

Hey Rhod!

Very Good!

43. derkoi

derkoi

The Subtrack system is sounding great Rhod, how do we (or the AI) pick a subtrack to follow? Is there a possibility to have the AI pick a short cut if it opens, like championship Sprint? Jump to 2m 13s to see what I mean:

44. jake-Kim

jake-Kim

i have some problem..

in IRDSCarCamera's property

EnableFreeCamera = true
    ForceFreeCamera = true

next

IRDSStatistics.SetCanRace( true);

then
    ai = blah blah......
    (IRDSPlaceCars)FindObjectOfType(typeof(IRDSPlaceCars)).RemoveCar( ai );

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IRDSPlaceCars.RemoveCar (.IRDSCarControllerAI car)"

i want to use my own camera class.... but ... my program always crashed in IRDSPlaceCars.RemoveCar.

how to solve this crash?

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi jake Kim,

Thanks for your purchase, please kindly send me on a pm or to any of these emails rhodnius@hotmail.com, rhodnius39@gmail.com or josegarrido@dagagames.com your invoice to add you to our customers database.

We have a question about using what you posted, why you want to remove cars using IRDSPlaceCars.Removecar?

Rhod,

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  46. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi derkoi,

Right now we are on earlier test, so if you have any suggestion about this feature is still some time to put them on. Right now, the AI would have like 3 different ways to choose sub tracks (this is not yet implemented, the video is showing some random sub tracks chosen) the first one would be random, the second, by the shortest path, and the third by the fastest path. The idea is to have control of this settings to be included on the AI settings, so not all AI do exactly the same decisions, and also we could implement a way to make the AI choose from this 3 ways of choosing the path in a random way, so firstly the AI could choose the fastest path, then a random path and then the shortest or repeat any of the first two and so on.

About your question if there is a way that the AI could choose a shortcut if it is open, i think we can add a bool variable to each of the sub tracks so you can set it in order to let know the AI if that one is open or not, but it have to be controlled by you (you would need to make the code to setup this variable to each of the sub tracks, since this is more track specific dependent, in which you could close and open the track), the variable would have a name related to this, like available, or open.

Right now, for the player part, we have not yet make the "code", since for the player it is a little different, we are thinking on using some triggers, to let know the AI system that the player have detour to a sub track or if the player returned back from a sub track (more or less similar to how it is done with the pits right now).

For auto steering option, we are thinking on putting available a method that returns the "number" of the next sub track ahead, so you could show this to the end user on a GUIText and let them choose.

Let us know if you have any other ideas, or if you have any other questions.

47. derkoi

derkoi

That sounds fine to be Rhod. So if I had a gate opening and closing at random that reveals a short cut, I'd simply set the sub track bool to true and the AI can randomly choose to go that way or not. :)

48. rhodnius

rhodnius

It is now added, the bool variables is isOpen, and it is set by default as true, even if the AI have already "decided" to go through a sub track and this one is closed at the moment the AI is going to take it, they wont go through that path, so you can dynamically change this to have a similar behavior as you posted on the video.

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys,

We wanted to let you know the options for selecting the AI's mode for them to choose the sub tracks, these options are:

• Randomly - The AI would pick any sub track in a random way.
    • Fastest - The AI would pick the fastest sub track, if there is any faster than the avoided portion of the main track.
    • Shortest - The AI would pick the shortest sub track.
    • Fastest_and_Shortest - The AI would choose the fastest and shortest of the sub tracks, also if it is fastest and shortest than the avoided main track portion.
    • All - The AI would randomly select any of the above modes, each time it selects a sub track, the sub track selection is made each lap, to avoid calculating this each frame. For now it does not consider if there is something blocking the path, except if the isOpen variable is set to false for the already picked sub track, then the AI would go through the main track portion.

All of the above includes any sub track that could exist inside other sub track or any sub track on the track.

Any suggestion are welcome,

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

• Sub-tracks to exist inside the main track (shortcuts or just other ways to go through). - Done, just need to integrate it with cop mode

We are also including an script for managing the back ground music, it can play a list of audio in a random way, or one by one in order or just loop one audio clip.