Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. rhodnius

rhodnius

I just did a quick test and does not seem to be happening with the settings that i have, can you pls share the settings you are using for the tires coefficients and grip?

2. vincespeed

vincespeed

This is part of the settings, I didn't alter any of the pacejka coefficients, so they are pretty much the one you setted :)

rhodnius likes this.
  3. rhodnius

rhodnius

I tested it and got the results you mentioned, I'm checking to see what could be done, since that is a difference in how the calculations are made for the forces the tire actually produce, may not be able to fix the issue without losing some of the advantages you have sensed already by using the arcade option

EDIT: I found a way and seems to keep the features the Arcade option are meant to have (sticky tires) so would be uploading this in the next couple of days, or join the Discord server so we could check if this would work for you

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  4. vincespeed

vincespeed

As always, you are amazing!
    Will join your discord later today :) Your solution comes in just in time for publication :)

5. iamelixir

iamelixir

I'm just checking in to see if this ever made it into the latest build?

I've attempted to use the NWH2 script provided by @fredastaire but I'm getting IRDS.AI and IRDS.Game can't be found in the namespace. I'm a beginner at this so I'm not sure if it's because I'm on the .dll version or other changes need to be made.

I'm running iRDS Version 3.2.6.1.f.2 - December 22, 2021 // Unity 2021.3.1f1

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @iamelixir , this error is because he is using the Pro version which uses namespaces, so you just need to remove those using that are not found.

fredastaire likes this.
  7. iamelixir

iamelixir

Great! Got it working by simply removing those using refs. Thank you @rhodnius for the quick support and to @fredastaire for providing the script. I'm glad it was a simple fix, cheers :)

rhodnius likes this.
  8. hnim

hnim

Hi @rhodnius, I want to use this pack for grand prix manager game. Does your package support time skip feature which user can skip for result and replay if he want. Thank you

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @hnim the system comes with a replay feature, but this records the race (run at normal speed) and after it is finished you can replay it and move back and forward, but not before the race took place, so to answer your question it does not have a skip time feature and it does have a replay feature. :)

10. hnim

hnim

Hi @rhodnius, thank you. Do you have any suggest to implement that feature with your system? thank you

11. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thats a bit complex i think, since would require been able to predict what would happen ahead of time, which is opposite to what physics in unity are (they are not deterministic) so this sounds like you may need to implement something completely different to do something like that, or fake it all the way, because even using the time scale would yield really weird results, but you may have a try with that but pretty sure wont give the results you are looking for, if only a little bit of fast forward is needed, maybe increasing the time scale could be the answer, but if this is for mobile, that would also means the FPS would be dropping almost exponentially with the increase of the time scale, so it really depends at the end on what exactly you are wanting to do :)

12. hnim

hnim

Thank @rhodnius, timeScale is not reliable. I suppose to use Physics.Simulate and manual update, but look like I need pro version :)

13. vertexx

vertexx

14. rhodnius

rhodnius

15. fcruzp

fcruzp

This issue seems to happen to many people (including me). I have copied the settings in a brand new project. But the issue remains.

16. rhodnius

rhodnius

This is related to not importing iRDS project settings that is causing the problem, try importing it to an empty project with all included project settings into it

17. NGUYENTRAN197

NGUYENTRAN197

@rhodnius Hi, dunno if ur still replying to messages but I got a problem and I would love it if you could help me. For my project, I'm using both the Realistic Car Controller V3 (RCC) and your IRDS. All the cars that I have had the RCC driving physics before I imported IRDS so I learned how to integrate the cars with IRDS. However, when I tested them in the demo scene, before the countdown, the car was using the RCC input, but then switched to IRDS input after the countdown and I could not get it to run.

I recorded this video to show you the problem that I have:
    https://buv.instructuremedia.com/embed/8430077c-f1f7-45e3-95ed-4a709d564825

Thank you

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  18. rhodnius

rhodnius

Heyy @NGUYENTRAN197 sure I reply here, just that we have more activity on our discord channel, you can use the link on my signature on this reply to get there. About your question, the IRDS script used to interface with RCC is meant to use iRDS inputs, you can change that behavior on that interface script, if you have further questions just let me know.

19. NGUYENTRAN197

NGUYENTRAN197

can you tell me how to change that behavior on the script, from using IRDS inputs to RCC inputs? cuz I only need to control the player's car with RCC but AIs with IRDS

20. switccblade

switccblade

Hi Everyone, I have imported the asset and created a game using RCC for the physics. I am facing the problem where everything in AI is working except the player input. It seems the player inputs work before the race during the countdown, but once the race starts, the player is not able to move and I believe it is on auto brake. The AI cars work and start to race ahead but I can not get my player car which is the same model to move at all. Please let me know if this is related to autobraking since this seems to affect some inputs like steering when I activate it in the game.

21. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Hi @rhodnius , what API can I use to add waypoints by script?

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

This would need to change the code on the interface script for RCC, you need to check where in the code is validating if the race has started and make it not to disable the RCC input and on the other check (on awake or start) that validates if it is a player car, make it disable the car RCC input if it is an AI.

Are you using iRDS inputs? sounds like you are trying to use RCC input.

Currently is not possible to add waypoints at runtime

23. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

@rhodnius
    1)I found a bug with the markers prefab. Mesh is missing.
    2)Shift+Right Clicking to add waypoint doesnt work,nor does editor showing waypoint lines . Unity 2020.3.46f1
    IRDS (Source)Version-3.2.6.1.f.2 (Current) - released on December 06, 2022
    upload_2023-7-6_17-10-46.png

24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Have you tried to reimport the package?

25. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Yes I tried reimporting the asset.I fixed the issues by adding a cube mesh to the missing one in the prefab

rhodnius likes this.
  26. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

@rhodnius will you be adding feature that automatically create apex track from centerpoint point container with offset or existing race line?

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

not at the moment, but sounds interesting, but also not so simple to implement, as the shapes the track could have are pretty much infinite, so it would need to cover too many possible situations.

TonismoGames likes this.
  28. Waseem98

Waseem98

Hello,
    I have a race environment which contains a jump, when i set the waypoints and line renderer, what i noticed is that line renderer points are in air shown and wondering how to hide them, also the AI car behaviour is trying to facing point next of the end of the jump which show as car collider with ground by its bumper

29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello, for the line render (the racing line show in play mode) you could try adjusting the actual markers that makes the racing lines and move them in a way that after the end of the ramp (jump) you put them into the bellow surface so they are not in the air. About the car facing the point next of the end of the jump, not sure what you mean, but if the car is hitting the ground with its bumper, then maybe the jump is to step, you would need to either modify the car's collider shape to avoid it hitting the ground on the front bumper or make the jump not too step there.

30. Waseem98

Waseem98

Is there any tips to enhance race AI behavior?

31. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Hi @rhodnius I want to to make many different IRDSManagers prefabs and Instantiate it on the same scene depending on what kind of race the player wishes to do in the scene. Unfortunately ,I get a ton of errors. Is this possible with this asset or do I have to to tinker with the source code?

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Should be possible, what errors you are getting? one thing is you can't have multiple IRDSManagers at the same time spawned, because those classes are singletons.

33. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

I fixed it by calling Initialize() on the player IRDScarcontrollerAI and IRDSManager upon instantiation. Thank You for the quick reply