Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. TG-Studio

TG-Studio

It would be great, to contact me via email to help with integration: tgstudio777@gmail.com

2. rhodnius

rhodnius

sure will do

3. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Hi. I am working with the DLL version of IRDS (version 3.2.6) in Unity 2018.3.6. I notice that when I disable the Initial Preview on Race option the countdown stops at 1 and I get the message:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IRDSStatistics+<StartRaceCounter>d__0.MoveNext () (at <c974900d7312489f940d00675e24b7b5>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    IRDSStatistics:StartTheRace()
    IRDSCarCamera:Start()

When playing the game in VR the main camera defaults to an external view of the race instead of the driver view. I have set the driver Preferred Camera View to Driver, and this works when not using VR.

Could you please advise? Cheers.

4. rhodnius

rhodnius

Would check this out, about the camera not going into an specified view just in VR, can you please let me know how you have it setup for VR? as you stated it works without VR i think it is related to that setup then.

Cheers

5. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

I've managed to put in a workaround so I now have VR. I basically created a Player Cars folder with duplicate cars and added a camera to these cars manually. Really enjoying this asset and will probably have more questions later :) Cheers.

rhodnius likes this.
  6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Awesome, let me know if you have any questions

7. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys!

What you think about making iRDS ECS driven? off course this would mean that it wont be updated for versions older than Unity 2018, the current version would still be available for older version of Unity, but new stuff would get only for Unity 2018+.

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Cheers!

Flurgle likes this.
  8. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Hi Rhodnius. What would be the benefits of implementing ECS with iRDS?

9. fredastaire

fredastaire

From what I read on ecs and how everything is scripted in irds pure ecs should make it easier to build off of your system as an example adding my dynamic qualifying system and separating the prefabs to the heat races in its current current state I have had to add references to multiple scripts where using the job system and ecs should help performance issues and gc allocation.

10. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Thanks for your response. Sounds good.

I have a couple of questions regarding the DLL version. Can we add spatial audio to the cars? Is it possible to replace the skid smoke/scratch particles with 3rd party particles?

11. rhodnius

rhodnius

Pretty much is the performance that should get improved.

Not sure about the spatial audio, as those are created at runtime, the skid smoke and scratch particles can definitely be replaced with another shuriken particles for sure.

12. rhodnius

rhodnius

About the spatial audio, yes it is supposed to be 3D sound for all cars, would double check this, maybe something changed at some point on a newer version of Unity and I didn't knew.

13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Ok just found what it was, and fixed it already, sorry for that little inconvenient, would be uploading and submitting for review :D

14. rhodnius

rhodnius

New update live on the asset store, with unity 2018 fix and Spatial sound too.

Cheers!

15. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Cool thx!

16. rhodnius

rhodnius

Have good news about the physics, I just made an adjustment to the tire physics that makes it way more stable, so now there wont be more jerking on the tire forces, meaning you could easily rig heavy trucks or smaller car (need to test out smaller cars though, like RC cars size and with a very small mass).

This simplifies also the code, which is good too.

Cheers!

Rhod,

JRD likes this.
  17. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Has anyone configured this with Photon Pun2 Multiplayer...

18. rhodnius

rhodnius

Haven't yet tried it out, but it works with PUN so i don't think there should be an issue to make it work with PUN2

Also guys, I just saw that the Race Liner Renderer is getting errors on Unity 2018.3.X and up, looking at it asap, but meanwhile just disable it either in levelload object with the disable race line renderer option or disabling directly the RaceLineRenderer object inside the iRDSManager children.

Sorry for the inconvenience, had to deal with the prefabs changes made on Unity 2018.3 and up

19. ematsuno

ematsuno

After putting in the points, copying them into the waypoints fold and set up a couple of cameras, I select "process All Tracks Data" It has been on this screen for over two hours. Is this normal?

The track is less complicated and shorter than the demo

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @ematsuno , definitely it shouldn't take longer than a couple of seconds.

Not sure i got you right, you copied the waypoints to a fold?

The proper way should be:
    make sure you used the IRDSManager options to put in the points into the track surface, and add Track limits, Race line, Grid positions and camera points

Let me know if this helps

21. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Hi Rhod. I have a scene with a single terrain but a number of race tracks. Each track is stored in a separate folder which contains the IRDSManager and various other assets relevant to that track (direction signs etc.).

I was wondering if it would be possible to update the track selection script (and the LevelLoad manager) to allow for the track (ie. the scene name) and the appropriate folder within the scene to be selected. I was thinking maybe adding a Tag to each track folder and then, when selecting the Track in the TrackSelectionPanel, being able to select both the Scene Name and the relevant Tag for the track you wish to activate.

I have the DLL version of iRDS so cannot see how easy it would be to implement this in the LevelLoad manager.

Let me know if this make sense ;-) Cheers!

22. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Further to the previous post, if a scene is selected without a tag specified this could, in effect, activate a Free Roam mode and have the player spawned at pre-determined point(s) in the scene.

23. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @mthawley !

I think you could do this just on the track selection code, which the source is on the lite version too, since in there you could add that data to the sceneName selection array, then just use it when a track is selected, with that you should be able to spawn the corresponding iRDSManager on the scene :)

24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys!

I have been working last few weeks on overhauling the physics, so far I have a way more stable tire physics, but is not yet finished, also the engine would be working in a different way from what it was before ( a more real way, to sort of say it).

Hope this would help everyone using iRDS to get on the market better games :)

Meltdown likes this.
  25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Would be uploading soon a WebGL alpha demo so you guys can try it out and give some feedback

26. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys, here is a little video showing some of the suspension and physics improvements

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Here is another video

28. speedy19802

speedy19802

wau looks good !! good work

29. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

That is impressive!

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks!

The physics would now include a script that would let you animate those parts of the suspension and steering. Which really helps on getting things more visually real.

31. DageLV

DageLV

Any tutorials on Randomation physics?

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

If you mean for the integration, is just the same steps as they are for Edys VP, you can check on the step by step guide, what you need to do is go to the Other Physics folder and in there extract from the provided rar file the Randomation folder only, after that a new option would appear on the GameObject->iRDS->Vehicle->Randomation menu called Adds AI script, do this while you have the Randomation car prefab selected, and this would add the iRDS scripts and would put a copy of the prefab on the iRDS/Resources/Cars folder with the scripts needed on it, after that, you need to edit that prefab an on the IRDSCarControllInputRandomatio script on the inspector add 2 items to the FrontWheels array and add the reference there to the 2 front wheels transform and that should be enough to try out your new riged car :)

33. ematsuno

ematsuno

when I click process ALL tracks Data
    "The Processiong Track Data, Please Wait" dialog opens, but never shows any progress.
    I've let it sit for over 8 hours.

I've also cleared the track data and started over, but still get this error:

InvalidOperationException: Destroying a GameObject inside a Prefab instance is not allowed.
    UnityEngine.Object.DestroyImmediate (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:322)
    IRDSManagerEditor.GetWaypoints (IRDSManager& manager, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackCenter, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackCenterContainer, UnityEngine.GameObject& racingLine, UnityEngine.GameObject& waypointContainer, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackLimitRight, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackLimitLeft, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsRightSerialized, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsLeftSerialized, System.Single[]& bankedAngle, System.Int32 numSegments, System.Boolean AutoClose, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsSerialized, UnityEngine.Transform parent, System.Boolean justTrackLimits, System.Boolean justRacingline, System.Boolean justPits) (at <6e2ff2b5e61d4f80bc0f798d7edd1eb7>:0)
    IRDSManagerEditor.ProcessTrackData (IRDSManager& manager, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsSerialized, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsLeftSerialized, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Transform]& waypointsRightSerialized, System.Int32 numSegments, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackCenterContainer, UnityEngine.GameObject& racingLine, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackCenter, UnityEngine.GameObject& waypointContainer, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackRightContainer, UnityEngine.GameObject& trackLeftContainer, System.Single[]& SegmentDistanceFromStart1, System.Single[]& radius1, System.Single[]& bankedAngle, System.Single[]& radiusHill1, System.Int32[]& currentWaypointLeft1, System.Int32[]& currentWaypointRight1, UnityEngine.Transform parent, System.Boolean processPits, System.Boolean AutoClose, System.Boolean waypointscreated, System.Boolean justTrackLimits, System.Boolean justRacingLine, System.Boolean justPits) (at <6e2ff2b5e61d4f80bc0f798d7edd1eb7>:0)
    IRDSManagerEditor.ProcessTrackData (IRDSManager& manager) (at <6e2ff2b5e61d4f80bc0f798d7edd1eb7>:0)
    IRDSManagerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <6e2ff2b5e61d4f80bc0f798d7edd1eb7>:0)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1625)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @ematsuno

This sounds like the API updater didn't updated the dlls, which version of Unity and iRDS are you using? Please make sure you download the latest version of iRDS from the asset store, and when you import the package make sure to run the API updater.

I'm currently out for a few days with limited access to Internet, in case I don't reply, I would be back on May 10

Cheers

35. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I tried using the rewired script in a new game and get these 2 errors once I unzip it.

36. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @derkoi

Those errors are because of the refactoring I have done so far to the core of iRDS, for the second one you just need to change GetGoPits to the property GoPits as stated on the error log.

For the first one I think is just a typo on the first letter, try PlayerControls

I can't confirm as I don't have my laptop with me, but pretty sure those would solve the issue

Sorry for the inconveniences, as soon as I get home would be solving these.

Cheers

37. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks, I'll take a look

38. rhodnius

rhodnius

Did it got solved after downloading latest version from the asset store?

39. speedy19802

speedy19802

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Not sure what issue you seem to have, but behind the player car the race line just should be green as on the picture you sent, not really disabling it, just making it green.

Can you please give me a bit more detail on what you are trying to achieve?

Cheers

41. speedy19802

speedy19802

42. rhodnius

rhodnius

Oh I see what you mean now, well currently that is not possible, if you have the Pro version with the scripts you could modify it to have that behavior

You mean it keeps the cars raised when they stop on the pits?

43. speedy19802

speedy19802

Halle
    Hello, thanks for your answer, yes have the pro version. only no idea.

yes the cars are kept high.
    and I still have a question. to the Tire Wear.
    when I activate them, the tires get warm. but nothing happens. only when I press to adjust tire. and then on set tire values, the tire decreases.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/id4zdhmp81hp2sr/ScreenCaptureProject1.mp4?dl=0

44. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm weird, let me check that out, what version of iRDS are you currently on? i know i fixed a few things about that recently, so lets first make sure you are on the latest version on the asset store.

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

About the new physics refactoring, I'm pretty much done with the remake of the tire model, made it to be now a more simple one that does not uses pacejka tire model, so all that super complex setup of the tires is going to be gone for good i think, you would have way fewer parameters to set and in a way more simpler way.

Anyone that have purchased the Pro version interested on doing alpha testing? let me know with a PM so we could do that, also i could put a little playground demo for anyone interested on testing it directly on a build, all feedback is more than welcome, the idea is to make this as simple and better than it was as possible (this is for now physics wise only, not AI refactoring yet, we would get there).

Also the idea is, to finish up a first phase of the physics changes, release that and then continue with anything else remaining for the physics that we could discuss here, so if you think there is a feature that is missing on the physics side that is really important to you, let me know.

Thanks for all the support you guys gave me all these years!

46. speedy19802

speedy19802

Hello . I use the latest version from asset store Irds Source 3.2.6 and unity 2018.3.0f2

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

please make sure to redownload it, as i have uploaded it a few times with the same version number, and let me know if the problem persist to take a look at it ASAP.

Cheers

48. speedy19802

speedy19802

Hello . I reloaded IRDS. But no change. still I have to press set tyre. to make it work. Pit stop is working,

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Ok will take a look at it ASAP then

50. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I tried this with the latest version of RVP from Github and iRDS but I get this error:

I'm also trying to use Rewired integration too. Any suggestions please?