Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. casin

casin

Funciona perfecto ahora, muchas gracias por el script y por responder tan rápido! :)

Un saludo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works perfect now, thanks for the script and for responding so fast! :)

Regards!

rhodnius likes this.
  2. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi Just a quick one for you, I'm trying to get a UI button to appear when the race ends, just getting a bit confused , so thought I'd ask.

3. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Rhod,

The public values for the mobile steering type Accelerometer X, can I get script access to these? I need sensitivity and deadzone primarily but would be nice to have the update interval and low pass kernel width as well.

Cheers
    Chris

4. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Rhod,

The public values for the mobile steering type Accelerometer X, can I get script access to these? I need sensitivity and deadzone primarily but would be nice to have the update interval and low pass kernel width as well.

Cheers
    Chris

5. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi pinchmass!

you can have a good example on the IRDSUIStandings.cs script, in there at line 157 you would see this code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void RegisterDelegates()
    2.             {
    4.                 myCar.onRaceEnd += UpdateItemDetailsAll;
    5.                 myCar.onLapCompletedValue += OnLapCompleted;
    6.                 myCar.onPositionChanged += OnCarPositionChanged;
    7.             }
    the myCar.onRaceEnd += MyOnRaceEndMethod; would get the Race end event call the method you putted on the right (MyOnRaceEndMethod) and in there you can make the code activate your button. thie onRaceEnd is per car, so you need to first get your car you want to check if has finished the race and for that car do what i described.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Yes you already have access to those, they are on the mobile controls manager object if you are not yet in the race and on the player's car if you are in the race already, the variable name is mobileControlsLayouts which is a list and the index is the layout number you have selected.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Cheers!

Rhod,

Mojo-Game-Studio likes this.
  6. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

Thank you for this great product , happy to bought it . Can you a little describe how to add mobile controls to play games on android platform ? Best wishes

Attached Files:

7. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello @f1b0n4cc1 !

Thanks for your purchase!
    please kindly send me your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com to register your purchase which is required for further support.

You add mobile controls using the inspector options you posted on the image, using the add new control layout would create a new set of UI elements for you to put into them the images you would like for all the buttons (throttle, brake, etc) those get created under the MobileControlsManager object on the scene view, you just need to expand its children and expand the layout created and you would there have access to all the UI elements and position and modify them as needed (as you do with the other normal UI elements for Unity).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

And thanks again!

Cheers!

Rhod,

8. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

i sent invoice number by email. i took some more screenshots to describe my problem detailed.

Normally car engine start by pressing Q on computer keyboard.

I would like to try mobile controls on tablet . Apk successfully built but nothing happen when i press throttle button . I think there is not car engine start button on mobile control manager.

From the informations i shared , can you please tell which point i need to configure ? On screenshots, you can see i tried to put left and right buttons to manage car direction , brake , throttle and shiftUp-Down buttons.

I wonder if i need to adjust all buttons or i can skip things i dont want, such as handbrake, shiftup down etc. It looks better for automatic gear shifting when car speed increase by the time, if i can adjust.

Out of topic , but please also answer if your another product iTS - Intelligent Traffic System run together with irds ?

thank you for your answers.

irds-mobile-control-2.jpg irds-mobile-control-3.jpg irds-mobile-control-4.jpg irds-mobile-control-5.jpg irds-mobile-control-6.jpg

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for registering your purchase!

In your case just go to the car prefab and on the engine settings enable the option start engine on start and the car would automatically start its engine.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Rhod,

10. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

@rhodnius

yes i chosed it and car auto start , anyway , throttle not function . on mobile . Here are the steps i followed.

1. created road on easyroads3d
    2. added pre-build vehicle from irds
    3. followed irds ---> ui ---> mobile controls ---> mobile control manager
    4. Clicked " add new control layout" . ıt came by default selected throttle button attached in an example.
    5. On hierarchy window, i clicked " mobile control manager" , new layout 1 and selected " throttle"
    6. On Inspector window, i attached a picture ( AccelPedal ) to source Image . And did not touch anything else
    7. I selected pre-build car from hierarchy window and than in Inspector window , while Settings button selected i choosed Control Type as Mobile
    8. Under the IRDS Car Setup script , i clicked JoyStick icon and it opens Controller Settings
    9. Scrolled down and see there is Digital Control ? check box , i checked it . I was supposed it will enable mobile control buttons active , but nothing changed.
    I can see game on tablet , build process is working succesfully , apk can be sent to device . But when game start , car engine start automatically as method you mentioned above , but throttle pedal picture not accelerate car .

Can you advice me where i am doing mistake ?

11. rhodnius

rhodnius

You need also to select mobile control on control type in the script IRDSPlayerControl if you are using the car without AI.

Cheers!

Ps: is bed time over here, ill answer any further questions in a few hours.

Rhod,

12. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

i think i cant use mobile control buttons because of layer order , but i am not sure. i took another screenshot. I hope i can solve this issue with your help.

I also wonder did you try creating a simple road with easyroads3d add vehicle from irds and use mobile controls ? Please let me know , i will share informations if i can let it work

update 1 : i checked irds demo mobile scene and under mobile control manager there is EventSystem which is not available when i manually add mobile control system from irds ui menu.

update 2: i added event system manually and by gameobject ---> ui ----> eventsytem
    made it child of MobileControlManager
    When i choose EventSystem from hierarchy , i see there is not Touch Input Module as like on demo scene. So i followed Add Component button and searched "Touch" keyword and i saw there is Touch Input Module , so i selected it and added to EventSystem by default settings.

Currently , mobile control buttons started working but car move very very slowly . Now i will try to figure out how to make it getting working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  13. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi another quick one for you (not sure if its a bug or user error)

If I use the AI demo on the player setting it picks a car at random, if I untick AI demo (so its back to user control) It does not pick a random car, it always pick the first in the folder alphabetically.

How can I set the user to be a random car (from the folder of cars) have I missed something.

14. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @pinchmass !

The player car is not really random, it is selected from the Car name field on the player settings, in the case you select AI car demo the player is no longer considered a player and is treated as an AI and gets a random car also.

If you want a Random car for the player you may need to implement a random selection car name function that would set the car name randomly into the levelload object :)

let me know if this helps a bit :)

Hi f1b0n4cc1!

You are right! the add Mobile control manager does not add the Event System by its own, i would make that happen on a future release just to make it easier for you guys (thanks for the headsup!) :)

About the car moving slowly, this could be because the scene does not have the Skidmarks object on it, try adding it from the Resources/AISystem/Skidmarks.prefab into your scene, also make sure the car have the engine on.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rhod,

15. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

thanks for your reply , i started new project from 0 , and now it looks working . If i have future questions , will share here. Thank you for your kind support

rhodnius likes this.
  16. pinchmass

pinchmass

thanks as usual, I'll leave it for now as it nor essential to current project, but would be a nice feature to add (tick box to have random car for player)

rhodnius likes this.
  17. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup was thinking exactly the same :D

18. pinchmass

pinchmass

also ment to ask (for future updates) can you update the car selection example scene to using the newer UI system

rhodnius likes this.
  19. rhodnius

rhodnius

Will do at some point for sure!

20. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

Hi Rhod, i have another question , how to use camera views in irds ? Currently i tried to add SmoothFollow2 script to camera and attach vehicle to script , but it shows car so closer to screen even i adjust values. What can you suggest about camera ? thank you

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi f1b0n4cc1!

You can use the camera that comes with iRDS, this camera is on the iRDS/Resources/AISystem folder (is a prefab) just drag it to the scene and put the car on the target field and you should be good to go. (this would make the cameraviews to be used also)

Cheers!

Rhod,

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hey guys,

I just want to let you know we keep working on iRDS to improve it more and more, currently we are testing it in our own game and tweaking stuff while doing it.

Cheers!

Rhod,

emergki, Dee Va, tapticc and 2 others like this.
  23. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

nice to know this , i hope irds can make more realistic car damage .

ı dont know if it is possible or not , but can we make different textures for same object of a car ? Such as in first damage , look little damaged, if car take more damage same object of car look more damaged etc.

Shortly, can we manage level of damage for a specific part of car ? Such as left front door of car , right back of door, lights etc.

Thank you for improvements

24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yes for sure you can add this, since this is something that can be done independently of iRDS implemented features, you would be able to put some scripts on each parts of the car and handle the collisions independently there and apply the corresponding textures for the different damages levels.

Let me know if this helps a bit.

Cheers!

Rhod,

25. phongle123

phongle123

I want to create a mobile racing game, but on the first post it doesn't look like there's an upgrade system. Is there any Upgrade System asset from the AssetStore that is compatible with iRDS that easily fits into iRDS?

26. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @phongle123 !

Thanks for your interest on iRDS!

I have not really checked on a system that is available on the asset store that could be used with iRDS for that purpose, doing it should be straight forward once you have identified the variables that you want to change on iRDS cars to change the car performance, we are currently working on an upgrade system for our game, but not sure if that would get at the end included into iRDS itself (maybe could be as a separate plugin for it for an small price, not sure really).

Cheers!

Rhod,

27. phongle123

phongle123

Everything looks on point, if you could add the Upgrade System as well as a Purchase Car System with a money system. I will buy it. I do visual work and need to learn how to script. So Finding Variable and using a different script to change that variable is out of my league at the moment.

rhodnius likes this.
  28. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hello guys!

I'm currently working on implementing a replay system into iRDS. I would be posting the news about it as i move forward on the development.

Cheers!

Rhod,

emergki likes this.
  29. Labkid53

Labkid53

Hi,

My partner bought iRDS so make a car simulator on VR.

So I want to control the player car from a Joystick, and I was having some problems with the input mapping. I tried analog mode, and it dind't worked.
    The only way I could make it work is by using keyboard mode and joystick buttons, but by doing this I loose the angle degrees axis. (0.0f to 1.0f to accelerate, brake, and steer)
    Please, help me, I cannot make this work!

regards!!

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Labkid53!

Thanks for your purchase!

I have contacted you directly to assist you.

Cheers!

Rhod,

31. rhodnius

rhodnius

Rewired integration is on its way too!

Also i would add the Random car for the players as an option and the ChooseCar scene with the new unity UI.

Cheers!

Rhod,

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

Also the replay system would have the feature to have like a flashback feature, like the one seen on Grid2, you can see the video of Grid2 at time 2:05 to see what i mean.

Cheers!

Rhod,

33. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Sounds good to me.

rhodnius likes this.
  34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Also integration with Realistic Car Controller is on its way.

Cheers!

Rhod,

35. rhodnius

rhodnius

Rewired integration is now completed.

Anyone that want it before i upload a new version to the asset store, just send me an email with the invoice number (if you have not done so before) and i would email it back.

You just then need to attach the script to all the cars you have and import Rewired and set your controllers, actions and players there for getting it to work.

Cheers!

Rhod,

f1b0n4cc1 and emergki like this.
  36. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

Hello Rhod,
    can you show me a drifting video like Rcc?

Thanks

37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for your interest!

I would get a video of that soon!

Cheers!

Rhod,

Alex_V likes this.
  38. schwooba

schwooba

Hello. Haven't purchased yet. Can this be setup as a Demolition Derby scenario with an arena with 3 other bots? Thanks.

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for your interest on iRDS!

The system would need a virtual track to be in place on the scene (could be a away/outside the arena), also there is a Police ramming/chasing behavior that could be used, but the AI cars that are set as police won't try to hit each other, just would try to hit the other cars that are not set as police. However, since the system have a public field named copCurrentTarget, and that variable tells the police car the target they should chase, so you could just implement a simple radar to the AI to make them assign the target they should ram if they are in range, you would need to make the range area a bit bigger for the cars to always have a target, so they dont try to go to the outside track which is not accessible (outside the arena).

Cheers!

Rhod,

40. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi guys!

Here is a little video with drifting test with the BMW M3, the car settings used for this video would be included on the next version release with the drifting settings.

Cheers!

Rhod,

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Alex_V likes this.
  41. Alex_V

Alex_V

Exactly what i am needing!

rhodnius likes this.
  42. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm, there has to be a way i can send you those settings, oh yeah there is! ill save the settings into XML so you can load it there :)

Cheers!

Rhod,

43. GameReady3D

GameReady3D

Cool Drifting! Nice Car :) Did you use a keyboard controller or a wheel?

44. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup keyboard controller was used, the car is super nice! :D

if you want the settings, let me know ;)

45. f1b0n4cc1

f1b0n4cc1

little reminder for adding "event system" for mobile controller system for next release . Normally mobile controls not working without adding event system by GameObject -->UI---->Event System

I also would like to get some suggestion from you for mobile game developers. How to make game run faster when using easyroads3d and irds together for android platform.

Because even i add just simple terrain and build road by easyroads3d and add one of the Pre-Build car from IRDS , my game run very slow and laggy on android.

It makes me wonder how famous games like need for speed most wanted android run faster while there is physical effects and models on game.

I hope you consider my questions as beginner and answer that way :) Thank you for answers and great support

rhodnius likes this.
  46. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @f1b0n4cc1 !

Thanks for the remainder, I'll check if i didn't add it already.

About mobile, you need to do more research about it, since is not something just about the plugins you use, but also about the shaders you use, the amount of Poly-count you could have as maximum and a bunch more stuff, developing for mobile involves a lot of things to get it right. About iRDS the first thing is to disable the racing line (the visual racing line) since that would eat a lot of drawcalls and performance because of the way it was build.

The Famous games, as the ones you mention, uses their own engines and invest a lot of money on getting it the best way they can, which is a bit harder to get for indie developers using what is reachable for using to get the game done, so it is a really unfair comparison beginning with.

Cheers!

Rhod,

47. GamesDeveloper12

GamesDeveloper12

Hi, I am currently using EasyRoads v3 api to generate a race track at runtime. Is it possible for irds to analyse the track and create the track limits from the EasyRoads marker and road width information and then drive the AI around the track ? From what i can tell from the screenshots on the asset store it looks like it has to be done manually in the editor, if that is the case then is the source code available within the asset so i could add the functionality myself ?

48. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @GamesDeveloper12!

Currently this is not possible at runtime because that code is currently on the Editor's scripts. Currently the version on the asset store does not include all the source code, another version would be available soon which would include the source code at a different price, and also an upgrade option would be possible from the current version to the source code version that would require the payment of the difference in price.

Cheers!

Rhod,

49. GamesDeveloper12

GamesDeveloper12

It says in the description that it supports force feedback, does the asset send the data to a steering wheel (such as a G27) or does it provide values which i would then have to send to the steering wheel ?

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Actually what it does is what you told second, it provides the data, and uses logitec SDK to send it to the steering wheel, the script that handles it is already included, so is like it does both, but interfacing with Logitech SDK.

Cheers!

Rhod,