Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @usman.mahmood !

Thanks for your purchase! please kindly send me your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com and ill get back to you with support.

Cheers!

Rhod,

2. mobgato

mobgato

Hi !

I have a pre-sale question.

I designed a road network which is similar to a city using another Unity asset.
    I want to use Capture the Flag system on my road network.

1. CTF works with only Circuit road or not? (Mine is a CITY)
    2. How CTF exactly working on iRDS ?
    I played Midnight CLub 2. In that game, 4 players will fight to capture the flag. Time limit is 15 Minutes. The player who capture 3 flags will be the winners.

Is this possible or Just Only One Flag per race ?

Thank You

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @mobgato !

Thanks for your interest in iRDS!

Here are the answers to your questions:

Currently how capture the flag works is one flag per race, and in a circuit (you could also use shortcuts if wanted to) and who wins is which ever of the racers that has the flag when they do the last lap.

So in short, the CTF on iRDS uses currently just 1 flag, and the road needs to have a main circuit, and as many shortcuts as you want to add to it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

mobgato likes this.
  4. mobgato

mobgato

Thank You for the reply.
    I am not native English.

Sorry to ask again this, Just wanna confirm.
    Let's say I designed a city as shown in below picture. CTF like this possible?

Game will start in Starting point. Players have to catch flay and return to same point to win the race.

5. disny1234

disny1234

hello rhodnius
    i have send my invoice no.,email and purchase date to your email-id please send me the reply as soon as.
    my project is getting delay.
    There is in my email
    i have mention my problem briefly, and i have also mention my name disny1234 to identify myself.
    So plsss reply me soooooon.

Thank you

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @mobgato !

No problem, you can ask as many times as you want/need, you have the right to be clear on what ever you need before doing a purchase of any goods. iRDS only works on circuits, with shortcuts (if you want to use them) so in short, if you make that a circuit, it would work, but if it is not a circuit, but more like an open world, then i think iRDS is not the right tool for the job.

Cheers!

@disny1234 , sorry but i have not received your email, please make sure you are sending it to josegarrido@dagagames.com or info@dagagames.com or rhodnius39@gmail.com or rhodnius@hotmail.com

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Cheers!

Rhod,

7. mobgato

mobgato

I checked EasyRoads3D too. Cool. I'm planning to go with it.

One more question : Is it possible to create a Enemy AI car that chases Player car in "Open World" map?

Thanks for the answers :)

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @mobgato !

Here is the answer to your question:

The enemy AI car would use the circuit to chase the Player car, and if the player car gets outside the track circuit it would follow it, but wont avoid obstacles or follow routes outside the track, so in other words, it won't work well in a Open World Map.

Cheers!

Rhod,

9. mobgato

mobgato

Hello !

One more question. Bought latest version of EasyRoads3D v3 . Author advised me to use Unity 5.1.x to use EasyRoads3D v3 without any errors.

Does iRDS compatible with Unity 5.1.4 ?

&

Is it possible to create Multiplayer Racing game with iRDS ?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  10. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup, iRDS is compatible with with unity 4.x and unity 5.x including latest 5.3.2 :D

Yes you can create a multiplayer game with iRDS, but you need to do the code for the Networking framework of your choice (photon, etc.)

Cheers!

Rhod,

11. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Rhod,

I've emailed you my inv no for the purchase.

1. Can I have v3 :)
    2. Setting up the bindings for an xbox one controller, I have the axis defined in my inputmanager asset and they work fine under rvp2, but I can't seem to get the accel or brake axis working when I add the rvp car to irds only the steering works, the cars work fine under ai control. I've tried using the option to use the existing car control, and also mapped the correct bindings to irds levelload pic below. But same problem, no brake or accel (mapped to those little triggers underneath).

Attached Files:

12. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @Mojo Game Studio !

Thanks for your purchase!

V3.0 is on its way today to the asset store, so yes you can, it should get approved soon.

It sounds to me like you might have your project settings overwritten when you imported iRDS? since iRDS is under the Complete Projects category in the asset store, Unity keeps the project settings (including all the other settings, physics, input, etc) in the unity package and if you don't deselect them on the import window, they would override the ones you had before. Since i understand that you are using RVP2 as your car physics, it shouldn't matter the settings you have for the player controls on the levelload object, since that is going to be handled by RVP2 directly.

Try not importing those project settings from iRDS and keep just the ones from RVP2 and let me know how it goes.

PS: Received the email with the invoice, thanks for registering your purchase!

Cheers!

Rhod,

13. studios999

studios999

can i implement drag race with this asset using unity car pro?

14. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Rhod,

Yeah that was my first 'port of call' but no I didn't import the projects settings, the inputmanager.asset is correct (still ok with just an rvp rigged car on a separate scene)

No worries for the mo, I'll wait for ver 3 then test again.

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

What you mean by drag race? i ask because there are different variants of the original drag race, if it is the normal classic drag race, you could set the track to be a sprint race and have the racing line be on one side of the drag track and make the AI always spawn on that side of the track (the usual drag track has 2 separate lanes) so the AI follows that racing line and the player just would drive on the other side without the need of the racing line.

Cheers!

Rhod,

16. studios999

studios999

Drag Race like CSR straight road, 2 lanes, player have to just shift the gears. my question about IRDS is, can irds make the opoonent car to auto shift the gears?

17. duencil

duencil

I was wondering if IRDS handles the track splitting into multiple alternate paths, which then later rejoin. If so, is there a top limit to how many alternate paths there can be at any certain point? Thanks

18. rhodnius

rhodnius

I see, well in that case, you need an implementation that has actually 2 set of waypoints for each lane, iRDS currently just have one single racing line, since you want the player steering to be in auto mode/controlled by the AI, the other way to work around it could be by using the same example i gave you early, which is having the AI and the player spawned on each lane and constraint the movement of the car on the X axis of the cars (you would need to align your track so it is aligned with the Z world axis so you could constraint the cars rigidbody on the X axis to avoid them from turning or moving on that axis and also you would need to override the steering (this could be done pretty easily, by just setting all wheels to have 0 max steering angle so the cars wont steer at all (this way regardless of the steering the AI sends to the car physics script, it just wont steer).

About the shifting, yes, iRDS can control the gear shifting of the cars even using unitycar, it uses the speed of the car to know if it should shift gears, you can adjust the overall percentage at which the speed of the current gear should be for the AI to shift to the next gear.

Hi @duencil!

Thanks for your interest on iRDS, yes it handles what we call shortcuts, and it can handle any number of shortcuts, i have tested i.e. having 3 different paths coming from one, one of those path most still be the main track, so to make it simple, you need to have your main circuit and from that circuit you can then build the shortcuts you want to add.

Let me know if you guys have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

19. casin

casin

Good night Rhod,

I'm making a game for android with IRDS asset, and which want to create a button to change the view of the camera car (bumper, driver, etc) as you have in your games for android in the Play Store.

I've been reading in the manual how to do with the events, but I fail to understand how to do it, because I have basic knowledge of programming.

Could you tell me how to make a button to change the car camera? Or give me more or less an idea on how to do it?

Thank you.
    Regards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buenas noches Rhod,

Estoy haciendo un juego para android con su asset IRDS, y en el cual quiero crear un botón para cambiar la vista de la cámara del coche (Parachoque, conductor, etc) como usted tiene en sus juegos para android en el Play Store.

He estado leyendo en el manual como hacerlo con los eventos, pero no consigo entender como realizarlo, ya que tengo conocimientos basicos de programación.

¿Podrías decirme cómo hacer un botón para cambiar la cámara del coche? ¿o darme mas o menos una idea sobre como realizarlo?

Muchas gracias.
    Saludos.

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @casin !

Thanks for your purchase!

In your case you just need to use a normal uGUI button and on the OnClick events you can add on the button's inspector add the Main_Camera object that is inside the IRDSMainmanager and choose crom the IRDSCarCamera class the method changeView(), and each time you press the button the camera would change the current view of the car in a cycle way.

PS: Please kindly send me your invoice number to register your purchase to josegarrido@dagagames.com

Cheers!

Rhod,

-----------------------------
    Hola @casin !

Gracias por la compra!

En tu caso solo debes de utilizar un boton del nuevo uGUI que viene con Unity y utilizar en evento OnClick en el inspector del boton y agregar al objeto Main Camera que esta dentro del objecto IRDSMainmanager, luego seleccionas para que llame al método changeView() de la clase IRDSCarCamera, cada vez que presiones ese botón, la camara cambiará a la siguiente vista de una manera cíclica.

PD: Por favor enviamé tu número de factura a josegarrido@dagagames.com para que tu compra quede registrada.

Saludos!

Rhod,

21. gameDevi

gameDevi

does iRDS work well with iTS ?

22. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @gameDevi !

If you mean like if iRDS AI would detect iTS traffic cars and the other way around, yes, you need to setup the traffic cars to be an iRDSObstacle for the AI of iRDS to be able to detect them.

Cheers!

Rhod,

23. gameDevi

gameDevi

ok so to be sure... I can have the AI go through traffic at low speeds?
    The traffic isn't dense but still I cant have the AI getting stuck in traffic.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Not sure if i understand you well, you already have iTS and iRDS and can't get them to work together? or you want the racers to get stuck with traffic cars?

25. gameDevi

gameDevi

so sorry.. let me correct that.
    I can have the AI go through traffic at low speeds?

26. gameDevi

gameDevi

it would be great to see a demo of them working together.
    Can you supply such a demo?

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

The iRDS AI would attempt to go through the traffic at the fastest speed possible, but what you are trying to achieve? this way i could suggest/answer in the same direction of your goals :)

Let me check if the one i used for testing this feature is there and would make it available for trying it out.

Cheers!

Rhod,

28. gameDevi

gameDevi

To be more specific.

picture a board game (monopoly for example) a road going all the way round and thought the middle.. there is a crossway junction in the middle of the board.

The camera angle can view the whole board at one time.
    There're cars driving around this board at a slow speed and sometimes going through the middle.
    They don't do anything special. they just go round and round.

There is a police station in the middle of the board. when the player is a naught naughty boy the police send out their police cars and come out looking for you to give you a good old spanking..

Now the thing I don't want is to have the police cars go nuts crashing through the traffic. even if it does it a few times it could cause the traffic to jam up.

I already have your traffic system by the way.

I hope I've explained it well enough.

Thank You

29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for the details :)

That helps me a ton to understand what you are looking to achieve and now i can better give you an answer.

You can limit the cars speeds, in the case of the police cars, there is an option for making them patrol, and for making them to not follow the player car, you can just make the car be a "police" too and when you wan it to not be a police car and be chased by the police just disable that option and the police would chase the player. The police cars would try to avoid the traffic cars (I assume those would be the cars going round and round).

Cheers!

Rhod,

30. gameDevi

gameDevi

I will think about it. it's an old project that I put aside so I'm in no rush.

thank you for your time.

31. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup no problem, just in case you didn't notice iRDS is currently on sale at 35% discount :)

Cheers!

Alex_V likes this.
  32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Here is a link to a windows build demo.

Link

Cheers!

Rhod,

33. Alex_V

Alex_V

Thanks for the heads up on the 35% discount!

By the way are the demos upgraded to beta physics?

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Nope they are not, they are on the latest on the asset store, V2.1.0.6.d

Cheers!

Rhod,

35. Alex_V

Alex_V

Well I just bought it :p
    Trying to register on the forum and says my email is already in use.

rhodnius likes this.
  36. pinchmass

pinchmass

Great news on shipping the new version !

rhodnius likes this.
  37. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Grrrr No V3 yet :mad:. I am a kid in a sweetshop and I want it all!!!;)

rhodnius likes this.
  38. rhodnius

rhodnius

I can add you to the repo so you can have the candies right now! :p

Cheers!

Rhod,

39. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Yes please yes please yes please :D:D:D:D

rhodnius likes this.
  40. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Rhod,

I want to sequence starting lights to the initialcounter, but can't find a method where I can get the countdown, helpy please bud.:)

rhodnius likes this.
  41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Its on its way!

Thats something you can do with the new UI on V3.0 :D

And you have the code of the UI, so you could make your own too ;)

Cheers!

Rhod,

Mojo-Game-Studio likes this.
  42. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

Hi Rhod,

Any ideas why these:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    IRDSCarControllerAI.Start ()
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    IRDSCarControllerAI.GeneralCalculations ()
    IRDSCarControllerAI.FixedUpdate ()

If I had the source code I wouldn't need to ask this as I'd be able to trace through and see the error. It's a big issue not having the source code I hope it's available with the new V3, incidentally the same V3 version I still don't have access to, has it actually been submitted for release as it's been 10 days now and still no V3 on the asset store (as you can tell this is starting to annoy me, as V2 isn't flexible enough for what we need. ).

43. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Mojo Game Studio,

Didn't you received a dropbox folder invitation? Please let me know to add you again.

What you need to do and / or achieve? If you give me a few more details i would be able to help you more. :)

About the error, if you are using a third party physics, make sure you have the kFriction array with 2 elements(script that is on other car physics folder) and each with at least a value of 1 (can range from 0 to 1 or a bit more) this is the coefficient of friction the system uses for controlling the speed of the AI on the curves.

About the source code, in a near future there would be a source code version of iRDS called iRDS Pro (source) that you could upgrade to (would have an additional price) version 3.0 that is currently under review for approval of the asset store is not source code included. Please contact me directly so we can get you moving forward on your project.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Rhod,

44. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

My humble apologies Rhod, I thought the invite would come via priv message on here for some insane reason, didn't check my email. My bad! :)

Yes please sign me up for the pro version with source code!!

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Not a problem at all :)

Cheers!

Rhod,

46. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

What is included in v3.0? Does this include the Rewired integration?

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi longroadhwy!

The V3.0 includes the new uGUI integration and physics improvements, rewired integration would be for a future release (this does not meant at all that rewired can't be integrated without it being done by myself, any new scripts for creating an inputs scripts using any inputs can be done already).

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers!

Rhod,

48. casin

casin

Muchas gracias por responder a mi pregunta!

He hecho lo que me decía pero no me aparece el método changeView() dentro de la clase IRDSCarCamera. Creé un botón, y en un evento OnClick del botón arrastré la Main_Camera (que esta dentro de IRDSManager como me dijiste), pero dentro de la clase IRDSCarCamera están los métodos de changeTarget, changeTargetbyPosition, etc... pero no changeView()

¿Estoy haciendo algo mal? Adjunto una imagen de lo que me aparece.
    Esta mañana le envié un correo sobre la factura.

Gracias y saludos.

Attached Files:

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hola, voy a verificar y te doy una respuesta acertada sobre el tema!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'm going to check it out and give you a proper answer.

Cheers!

Rhod,

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Ya revise, y al parecer el OnClick del boton no acepta metodos que retornar valores, solo acepta metodos void, lo que puedes hacer es crear un script que tenga el siguiente código y adjuntar este script a la misma camara y utilizar el metodo de este script en el boton:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class CameraChangeView : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     IRDSCarCamera carCamera;
    6.     void Awake()
    7.     {
    8.         carCamera = GetComponent<IRDSCarCamera>();
    9.     }
    11.     public void ChangeView()
    12.     {
    13.         carCamera.changeView();
    14.     }
    16. }
    Dejame saber como te fue.

Saludos!

Rhod,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have checked and it seems that the button OnClick does not accept methods that have a return type, only accept methods with void as return type, so in thise case you just need to create a script that calls that method for you, put this script on the camera and then use it for the OnClick call:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class CameraChangeView : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     IRDSCarCamera carCamera;
    6.     void Awake()
    7.     {
    8.         carCamera = GetComponent<IRDSCarCamera>();
    9.     }
    11.     public void ChangeView()
    12.     {
    13.         carCamera.changeView();
    14.     }