Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. rhodnius

rhodnius

There are some new callbacks included, and the integration with the new UI from Unity (uGUI), on the futures releases 3.x would be a physics behavior change.

The new UI is by component and totally modular, so you can choose exactly what you want to add.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

2. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

The Alternative Physics Model already has a TCS(traction Control).

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup, but Traction control is one thing, and ESP (also known as ESC, Electronic Stability Control) is another one ;)

4. aLeXmOrA

aLeXmOrA

Hello @rhodnius,

Just a quick question. Why would an iRDSManager prefab that works fine in a project would fail to instantiate the AI cars in another project? I've copied all the iRDS directory and the prefab as they are in the first project and for some reason, in the second project is throwing this error:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IRDSPlaceCars.Awake ()"

In the LevelLoad gameobject I'm telling the system to instantiate 1 car from the "Cars Array" in the Car Settings section. I've checked the cars prefabs too and they are ok. At least, both work in the first project.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
    Best Regards,
    Alejandro Mora.

5. gibmation

gibmation

Is it feasible to add ReWired intergration into iRDS?
    Thanks
    G.

6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @aLeXmOrA !

Maybe you could try creating an unity package from it and then importing it on your other project, not sure what would got wrong, but you could try this other way.

Hi @gibmation , i haven't tried it myself, but i think you could use it creating your own control scripts and using the External controls option on the levelload on the players controls settings

Let me know how it goes, and if you guys need anything else.

Cheers!

Rhod

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  7. aLeXmOrA

aLeXmOrA

Hi @rhodnius,

I think I found what was going on, seems that iRDS can't work with UnityCar Pro prefabs.

I put inside the Resources/Cars/ directory a UnityCar Pro prefab that will be used by the player and in the LevelLoad gameobject, I'm telling the system to instantiate a prefab with iRDS scripts. For some reason, the system loads correctly the UnityCar Pro prefab, but the iRDS prefabs for the AI.

However, if I delete the UnityCar Pro prefab from the Resources/Cars/ directory and put another iRDS car prefab for the player, it loads all of the cars without any issues.

I thought iRDS could work with UnityCar Pro.

Do you know what I can do to fix this? Will I be able to use Unity Car Pro here.

Thanks.

Cheers!
    Alejandro Mora.

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @aLeXmOrA !

You are a bit right, but in your case is because the UnityCar prefabs you are using doesn't have the iRDS for UnityCar scripts, you can add them by going to "Other Physics AI" folder and extracting the unity car folder from the compressed file and then using the menu GameObject->iRDS->Vehicle->UnityCar->Add Scripts option while selecting the unitycar prefab you want to add the scripts to (not that the prefab must not be on the Resources\Cars\ folder already, since the system would save a copy on that folder when you use the option i just described).

That should solve the issue you are having.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Rhod,

9. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Rhod,
    Whats the best way to upgrade to v2.1.0.6c without destroying any settings on previous installed ver?
    Thanks
    G.

10. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @gibmation !

First always do a project backup just in case.

Then just import the new unitypackage to your project and after that you should be updated.

Please note that this procedure doesn't apply for the version 3 which is on alpha test(the repository i have shared early with you), if that's the version you are trying to update to(ot could still say v2.1.0.6c on the inspector, but on the initial window that pops up when unity is loaded should say 3.0), please follow the steps on the previously post that i submitted here a few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Rhod,

11. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Rhod,

1st thanks for taking the time to meet with me remotely today - cheers mate!
    I really appreciate this and just demonstrates the top level support service you offer IRDS clients.

Anyhow - success!

I tried the T500 wheel and FFB is working as it should.

I imagine that FFB and vibration are two separate items completely. Perhaps this is the X-Input available with Rewired.

Only issue I can see is that at the end of the race the wheel turns all the way round, and when you restart race the wheel is not aligned properly?

Thanks again for your hints and suggestions.

G.

rhodnius likes this.
  12. aLeXmOrA

aLeXmOrA

Hi @rhodnius,

I tried to do what you suggested, but that option in the Menu doesn't appear in my project.

I attached an image where you can see it.

Don't know if something's missing there? A directory, a script?

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,
    Alejandro Mora.

Attached Files:

13. gibmation

gibmation

I think you might need to extract the external physics scripts in "Other Physics" folder. If they're not there perhaps you did not add them when installing.

Read more on page 138 of readme.pdf

rgds
    G.

rhodnius likes this.
  14. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Rhod,

There is another person @elektronische interested in getting Rewired working with iRDS.

I have asked him to post his request in this forum.

Perhaps between us we can set some sort of interface for rewired which can be used by other iRDS clients.

Regards

G.

rhodnius likes this.
  15. derkoi

derkoi

Would love to test v3 Rhod. :D

rhodnius likes this.
  16. radimoto

radimoto

Count me in for testing v3 :)

rhodnius likes this.
  17. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

That is great to hear that you got the T500 racing wheel working with FFB.

Microsoft's X-Input (rumble feature) is almost exclusively unique to Microsoft style gamepads which is what Rewired supports. From what I recall Racing wheels (ThrustMaster/Logitech/MadCatz) have their own dedicated system for FFB/vibration (and usually have their own SDK for such support).

rhodnius likes this.
  18. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thats great! about the issue, I'm not sure if that might be something with FFB tool kit or iRDS, i should take a look at it this week. :D

Try what gibmation suggested, thats what i would have answered too :)

Let me know how it goes.

Seems like something we should add for sure, maybe we could use the original IRDSPlayerControls as a base for creating the script for Rewired, which shouldn't be that hard to get working, since for what i have heard, it uses similar methods as the native Input API.

Would add you both guys! Thanks for participating!

Cheers!

Rhod,

19. aLeXmOrA

aLeXmOrA

Hello @gibmation and @rhodnius,

I extracted the scripts from the "Other Physics" folder as you suggest, but they seem to have compiling errors.

I was looking at them and they are asking for some inexisting classes.

For example:

- IRDSCarControllInputEdys.cs is looking for a 'CarControl' object and it throws the error:
    "Assets/iRDS/Other Physics AI/Edys/IRDSCarControllInputEdys.cs(10,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CarControl' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

- IRDSPlayerStartRace.cs is trying to do a foreach to get all the MyPhysicMaterial inside the 'CarDynamics' class, but that class has no MyPhysicMaterial references.

These errors are preventing the project to compile and generates other errors.

I'm using UnityCar 2.2 Pro, don't know if that's the problem or if I'm using a not updated version of iRDS (2.0.1).

I've been looking for a way to fix this, by changing the references to actual and existing classes in the project (like 'CarControl' for 'CarController', etc.), but that doesn't work.

Don't know what else to do.

Thank you.
    Best Regards.

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @aLeXmOrA ,

Is not really an issue, is just that you decompressed all the folders contained on that zip file, you just need to decompress the folder named UnityCar, if you decompressed all of them, just delete the ones that are not for unity car.

Let me know how it goes ;)

Cheers!

Rhod,

21. aLeXmOrA

aLeXmOrA

Hi @rhodnius,

It works!! Thank you very much for your help.

I tested it and the race works perfectly.

Again, thank you.

Cheers!
    Alejandro Mora.

rhodnius likes this.
  22. rhodnius

rhodnius

You're welcome ;)

23. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Rewired Documentation is here for reference:
    http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/Documentation.html

There was a suggestion in the Rewired forum on this ...

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/rewired-advanced-input-for-unity.270693/page-23#post-2295577 (see msg #1123)

I am posting it below ...

>>>>>>>>

I see, so IRDSCarControllInput is the class you need to input values into.

Yes, that should not be difficult. You create a MonoBehaviour that updates every frame and in that update just do something like:

// Assuming you already have a reference to IRDSCarControlInput as carControl and your Rewired.Player as player.
    // And assuming you've already set up Rewired with Actions Brake, Accelerate, Steer, created controller maps and assigned them to the Player

carControl.setBrakeInput = player.GetAxis("Brake");
    carControl.setThrottleInput = player.GetAxis("Accelerate");
    carControl.setSteerInput = player.GetAxis("Steer");

I suggest you set the Script Execution Order on your script as well to make sure the values update before iRDS.

<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    rhodnius likes this.
  24. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yes and thanks for the info, it should be really straightforward to implement.

Cheers!

Rhod,

25. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Rhod
    Would using ReWired mean loss of FFB?
    G.

26. gibmation

gibmation

Hi Rhod
    Updated to new V2.1.0.6c.

Having a small prob getting this error:

Assets/iRDS/Scripts/FinishRaceEventGlobal.cs(32,21): error CS0070: The event `IRDSCarControllerAI.onRaceEnd' can only appear on the left hand side of += or -= when used outside of the type `IRDSCarControllerAI'

Line 32 in script is:

car.onRaceEnd = OnRaceEnd;

Thanks
    G.

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Well if you mean that i would remove support for the FFB Tool kit, nope i won't do that, i would just try to add support for Rewired.

In this case you just need to change your line of code from

car.onRaceEnd = OnRaceEnd;

to
    void OnEnable()
    {
    car.onRaceEnd += OnRaceEnd;
    }
    and also add this:

void OnDisable()
    {
    car.onRaceEnd -= OnRaceEnd;
    }

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rhod,

28. gibmation

gibmation

1. OK worked but I only added the "+" in front of "=" if I add all your code I get errors. Do I need to add the rest, if so can I send you the file?

2. I copied my race scene, then went to irds manager and cleared all race data. I then added new tracks, ctr line, grid, camera etc. I then a Process All Tracks and all good. But when I hit play I get same error as @aLeXmOrA - Perhaps related?

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object IRDSPlaceCars.Awake ()"

Camera in track preview stays stuck in the air. No matter what I did - no way of getting this cleared so I deleted irdsmanager and started a new one.

3. I made a new track, sometimes when Process All Tracks is run it completes but show red button again. If show handles or markers are put on /off again Process All Tracks works with no problem. You seen this?

4. I have race 1 which is a sprint. I think you made the camera + end race script for me for this race as it did not stop after reaching finish.
    I now added 2nd race which is 10laps. I have levelload on separate screen which is set to 10 laps.
    I removed camera + end race script which I assume are only for sprint.
    But Laps are not working after 1 lap AI takes over car I cant really see race finishing properly.
    Should I have a separate levelload per race to achieve this?

5. As you know I now have FFB working but by using the iRDSFFB Input, but now I cant use keyboard, can only usse controller. Is there a way to be able to have both?

As always thanks for your help...
    G.

29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hmm wierd it gives you an error, you could use it that way, with the += instead of = for now, shouldn't cause issues though.

If you are trying to copy a scene from one project to another, try instead exporting as a unity package and then importing it on the other project, that should help on this case, since there could be something different between the projects. ;)

Make sure you use the Process Track Data from the main IRDSManager button which is on top of the inspector, just bellow the iRDS Logo.

If I understood you well, you have the levelload on an initial scene, if you are using the car choose scene, make sure the number of laps is set there correctly while in play mode. if that is not solving it, let me know :)

In this case you can use both, but you would need to make a little script that can detect the type of control input that is set on the IRDSPlayerControlls script of the player car to enable/disable the IRDSFFBInput script, and also change the controller type on the levelload before loading the track scene you want to race.

Cheers!

Rhod,

30. gibmation

gibmation

Nah I copied scene in same project.

Yes this is the button I was using, show handles etc does not appear with the other button you mention.

OK I solved this, if I type in value of laps in levelload, it will ignore this but if I use slider to change value it will work.

Yes I thought that would be the way to go.

Thanks again

G.

rhodnius likes this.
  31. rhodnius

rhodnius

You're welcome, let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rhod,

32. gibmation

gibmation

Sorry to bother you again.

Laps are setup correct in car choose scene

I have this setup;

Init scene = levelload set to circuit 5 laps
    carchoose sene,
    sprint scene
    lap scene

If I run game and choose lap scene there is no problem, 5 laps.
    But
    If I choose sprint scene then lap scene afterwards will only have one lap.

Now if I have levelload set to 5 lap circuit how does it change to sprint? Where does leveload get this info? I see it changing in editor. But once it changes to sprint it does not change back.

Also would it not be better to have whether race is a circuit or sprint etc on the IRDS manager as this object is per scene and then have levelload get this variable from IRDS manager ?

Thanks

Gus

33. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Gus! You don't bother at all!

Sorry for the late reply, busy weekend! :p

You need to change the race type on the levelload, since having the race type as sprint would force a 1 lap race.

You can access the race type on the variable raceModes on IRDSLevelloadVariable class (levelload object), and this is actually on IRDSManager class, but is accessed via levelload object to make it dynamically, so you could have the same track with different race modes :D

Cheers,

Rhod,

34. mikepinchin

mikepinchin

Hi Just wondering if you have a ETA for the update (I'm mainly excited about the UI options)

35. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hey!

Well currently it mainly depends on the feedback i receive from the Alpha/Beta program testing, which for now i have not yet received any feedback (which i think is good? :D )

I think if it passes at least this week and the next one without negative feedback i would be releasing it at some point on December.

Not sure if you already have been added to the Testing program? Let me know.

Cheers!

Rhod,

36. forzaerdal

forzaerdal

Hi, i bought IRDS 2 years ago. Can i get the version 3 (with UI version) for Alpha Testing?
    My email adress: erdalkgl@hotmail.com

Best Regards!

rhodnius likes this.
  37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @forzaerdal !

sorry for the late reply, i have been sick for the past 2 days and feeling a bit better today. Off course you can participate from the Alpha testing of the new version, just send me by email to josegarrido@dagagames.com your invoice number (unfortunately we can't verify with your email address, just with the invoice number).

Cheers!

Rhod,

38. Alex_V

Alex_V

By the way how is the development going?

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @Alex_V ,

Currently just waiting for some feedback from the Alpha testing, for now, no negative feedback has been received, so this is good news, i have received one feedback about a bug on the current version that i would like to squash first on that version and also patch it to version 3.0 before releasing it.

Cheers!

Rhod,

Alex_V likes this.
  40. mobgato

mobgato

Hello !

I have a pre-sale question.

I created a big city with lot of roads and traffic system. What i want is, When player entry game System should create CAPTURE THE FLAG game. Once, player captured first flag, this will continue. System should create random flag points on track automatically.

Is this possible?

Thanks

41. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @mobgato !

Thanks for your interest on iRDS! If i understood it, you want the system to keep spawning flags, so the player could continue capturing more flags, and the team with more flags wins, if that is correct, currently iRDS doesn't have this feature.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Rhod,

42. disny1234

disny1234

Hi Rhodnius
    sorry for my english
    I bought IRDS just 2 days before and i have need to use replay and telemetry.
    have u implement replay in IRDS.?
    when you are releasing new IRDS version?

Replay ASAP.

Thanking you

43. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @disny1234

Thanks for your purchase!

About your questions, currently iRDS does not have a build in replay system and the development of it won't be yet done.

The new version, which its major change is the use of the new uGUI should be released soon, you could have early access to it if you just send your invoice number to Josegarrido@dagagames.com for registering your purchase.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Rhod,

44. disny1234

disny1234

Thanks for replay

I want to access grid position on run time and
    Please help me, how can i access it.
    ok i will send my invoice number as soon as

Thank you

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @disny1234

I need you to describe a bit more what you are trying to achieve in order to help you out with your inquiry, i.e. you just want to know at which grid position each car was spawned at?

Also please remember to send your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com to register your purchase and for further support.

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Rhod,

46. pinchmass

pinchmass

any ETA update on the update yet I really want to start using the new unity UI features

47. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @pinchmass !

If you have access to the beta, you can definitely use that version as if it was the release, no more changes are coming on the way, I know i have took some time for the release, but is because i have to redo a lot of stuff on the demos, and I'm also currently finishing another project, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers!

Rhod,

48. pinchmass

pinchmass

K didn't know the it was ok for releasing with (happy newer by the way)

rhodnius likes this.
  49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yup, i think i forgot to mention it before lol.

Thanks to you too!

Cheers!

50. usman-mahmood

usman-mahmood

In the document it says "
    If you selected the package with its own car physics (continue to next step if you use Edys version)
    "
    How to get sure which package I currently have. I want to use Edys physics on the cars. Can anyone guide me through this ?