Search Unity

iPhone5(iOS 10.3.4) TextMeshProUGUI is not displayed properly.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by DunanStar, Oct 13, 2020.

1. DunanStar

DunanStar

I made a Japanese font asset with the ttc font file.
    It works normally on all platforms of Android and iPhone 6 or higher, but it is not displayed properly as the attached image on iPhone5 (ios 10.3.4).
    The default font asset of TextMeshPro asset are displayed normally on iPhone 5.
    I can't really figure out what I've done wrong.
    I hope you can help. snapshot_00.01.513.jpg

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Please change the shader to use the TMP Mobile Distance Field shader and let me know if the text renders correctly with that shader?

3. DunanStar

DunanStar

I've already changed, but it shows correctly on other device, but on iPhone5 and old iPad.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What is the size of the atlas texture of the font asset? See if you get the same behavior with a smaller texture size.

5. DunanStar

DunanStar

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I believe the issue is related to your atlas texture being 8192 x 4096 where some mobile devices do not support atlas textures larger than 2048 or 4096.

I would suggest testing first with atlas textures of size no larger than 2048 x 2048 to see if the text render correctly. Then test with 4096 x 4096 and lastly with 8192... I suspect the issue is due to texture of size.

Let me know what the outcome of those test reveal on those devices.

Once we know this is the issue, you should be able to get around the texture size limitation by using a combination of static and dynamic font assets. This will also have the benefit of reducing your build size since your current font asset is more than 60mb due to the atlas texture size.