Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone Unity, whats it capable of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raptor5399, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Raptor5399

Raptor5399

I'm considering creating games and such for the iphone and was wondering what the capabilities are. Such as:

General:
    How many polys can the iphone comfortably render?

Can I use all the same features of regular unity with iphone unity if I wanted to? like real time shadows and instancing, pixel lights, colliders, etc? Is there anything specifically that I can not use or do?

How much RAM can be used for a game on the iphone? Its my understanding that it uses software rendering so no VRAM and it has 512 meg of RAM total but I don't know how much of that is free.

Texturing:
    Can the iphone show Normal maps, Bump maps, Specular maps, Luminous maps, etc?

Thanks!

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Look in the iPhone forum, particularly the FAQ, as all these questions have been answered many times.

--Eric

3. Raptor5399

Raptor5399

Thanks, multitasking makes me forget the obvious sometimes.

4. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

Unity iPhone cures bronchitis, makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, and softens your hand while you do the dishes!

But wait! There's MORE....

5. mehware

mehware

I just LOL.

unityunity