Search Unity

iPhone Puzzle Game - WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by marcos, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Brian-Sinasac

Brian-Sinasac

Great work. Quite enjoyable to watch the progress on your project!

2. marcos

marcos

Cheers, Brian!

Implemented the hat selection system last night, so you can now pick a hat from the main menu and wear it in game.

I've been running around with a top hat and monocle, never felt classier.

Next up is the in-game menu, sorting out Gamecenter achievements and some more optimising.

3. Acumen

Acumen

less talking, more pictures and videossssss, jeeeeeeez ;)
    its all text and cute tule with hat, but no ingame stuff. step up and dont hide this game an longer :)

4. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Definitely coming along great Marcos, looking forward to your completion :)

5. BenRivero

BenRivero

Hi Marcos, amazing job... I am a newbie of unity an 3d games but i find your work... Inspiring... Btw what 3d tool are you using?

6. marcos

marcos

Haha, I'll try! Got a bit of boring stuff to get through soon, but once that is all done it should be lots of pretty pictures and videos!

Cheers, Tito! Looks like we're on the same path, striving to create and release our own games. Good luck to you, sir!

Thanks, man! I appreciate it. At the moment I'm mostly using Blender.

Did some UVing and texturing of hats. Two more existing ones to do, then onto creating a few extra ones for release. Aiming for 8 or so, with the idea being that every 5 levels you are able to gain a new hat.

7. marcos

marcos

Did the first pass on a couple more hats!:

Once they are all done I will fix up some issues, for now I just want to do some broad strokes.

8. squirr3lz

squirr3lz

ooo feels like 3d isometric perspective game. interesting!

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, I just wanted to say that following this game and your outstanding artwork has spurred me to purchase Unity and grab a copy of blender. I'm not a programmer and I'm worried about that side of things (I jumped into this with two feet without consideration) I just wanted to ask how you find PlayMaker as I'm considering it as my programming crutch!

Keep up the good work, I'm waiting in anticipation for this release!

10. cgpetey

cgpetey

11. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

One on the left looks the best! Great art, share your texture skills. :)

12. marcos

marcos

Thanks! Hoping it comes out good in the end!

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words.
    PlayMaker has been a perfect fit for me. I had no programming knowledge whatsoever before I started playing around with it (not much has changed), yet now I can actually create the game concepts I have in my head without any real problems.

Another boon for PlayMaker is the community, on several occasions I've needed an action for something and put a request in, a day or so later I found that someone had already whipped up an action for me. There also seems to be a lot more community tutorials and so on nowadays, which would be great for someone just finding their feet with it.

So yeah, PlayMaker comes highly recommended from me. :)

Thanks, I should bring the other hats up to that level!

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cheers, I purchased PlayMaker and have started making my own game, its a learning curve but I'm enjoying it!

14. hypersonic

hypersonic

It has been a year. Did you finish the game? Looks awesome!

15. marcos

marcos

Hey! Not yet! I've been working on Parasol, which is close to being done. I robbed Tumble the Turtle of all his nice hats, though.

I may revisit this again in the future, but I would likely redo it, as I was very much a beginner with Unity and Playmaker when I was working on this. Things could probably be done a lot more neatly :).

Thanks for the kind words all the same!