Search Unity

iPhone Papercraft now online \o/

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by chips, May 26, 2009.

1. chips

chips

I'm sorry about the title, but that our first iPhone/iTouch game, and I think it has a different taste to publish a Web game and a iPhone game.

The Papercraft game is based on the the redbull's air race, however in a different environment.
    The objective of the game is to pass though the Markings in the right stance, as fast as you can.

http://tinyurl.com/qm2d8t

As always, thanks for all the forum support!

EDIT: Does anyone know any good site to post the apple promo codes?
    THANKS!

/EDIT

2. n0mad

n0mad

That blow control is a really cool idea for a paper plane game :D

3. chips

chips

Thanks n0mad!

I THINK IT IMPORTANT TO SAY THAT WE ARE ALREADY WORKING ON THE NEW VERSION OF THIS GAME, WITH NEW PAPERCRAFTS AND EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAY THIS GAME BUT YOU THINK THAT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE THIS A BETTER GAME, I'LL DO MY BEST TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Thanks for your help again!

4. Dexter

Dexter

Original game :)

Some ideas :
    For bigger levels :
    you could also put some pans on the table or anything that would emmit vapor , for the plane to gain altitude and continue the course.

You could also incorporate paper bombs or missiles to drop on some plates or glass on the table to gain some points.

You could make alos some path where you have to pass on the rings in the order to win the race.

Keep up teh work..

5. chips

chips

Thanks for the ideas Dexter!

I believe that setting some funs on the table could be really cool, I'm setting this on the "to do list"! About the missiles and bombs, it could be interesting, but I believe this could become pointless, considering that the objective of the game is to cross the Markings as fast as you can, so you must focus on the elapsed time.

And finally about the path... I must admit that I didn't really got it. I believe your talking about having an order to pass though the marks. If that's what you mean, that's how it is the game. If you're talking about some indication of where is the next marker, you have an arrow on top of the plane pointing for that.

Thanks again for the ideas!
    :D

6. Dexter

Dexter

Yep , for path , this is that , so your game already do it!

In fact , i don't know how your game menu will be ?
    Perhaps in a version 2 , you could have a menu mission with some little outdoor environment like a little green area with some playfield elements ?

You could make a mission : destroy all ballons within a certain amount time : destroy with just
    flying throught them ?

I admit , your game don't really need bombs or missile and can be very addictive(It exists also on Nintendo DS a very addictive game where you control a paper plane).

What you could do is also add some bonuses when completing some missions , like colors or stamps to put on the plane :)

Keep up the work !