Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question iPhone automatically lowers the volume of certain audio sources when using multiple sources

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wechat_os_Qy00e426Brqn23HhbxkVp7KNQ, Nov 22, 2023.

1. wechat_os_Qy00e426Brqn23HhbxkVp7KNQ

wechat_os_Qy00e426Brqn23HhbxkVp7KNQ

I originally had a GameObject that looped BGM, but when I dynamically added several AudioSources to the Scene to play battle sound effects, I noticed that the volume of the BGM decreased. After the battle sound effects finished playing, the volume seemed to gradually increase again, but very slowly. This problem only occurs on iPhone, and it seems that it does not occur in the editor and on Android. The inconsistent performance across different platforms is very frustrating. Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to fix it?

2. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Are you able to target a specific feature associated to that issue? This might be related to a ducking effect in the mixer, or even to an import setting.
    If no one shows up with a workaround, the best you can do to help us is to make a sample project isolating this issue and submit a bug report (link in my signature). If you do so, please provide the device model and os version.
    Thanks!

3. wechat_os_Qy00e426Brqn23HhbxkVp7KNQ

wechat_os_Qy00e426Brqn23HhbxkVp7KNQ

ok, I will try. And I check my AudioMixer, I didn't add any effect except the default Attenuation. I was thinking that if it was due to the duck effect, then the BGM volume should even decrease on the editor or Android, but it didn't, which is why I find it strange because it shows platform inconsistency