Search Unity

iPhone 4s build device disconnect and black scene

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Sickwitit, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Sickwitit

Sickwitit

This is regarding all iOS simulator builds and on the iPhone 4S device build.

-iOS 9
    -xcode 7.1
    -unity 5.1.2
    -using latest OSX, xcode version, etc.
    -Using png sprite atlases for entire game (would this increase the load time and crash the 4s compared to using Textures?) The game is only 50mb

I've searched probably 30 different black screen solutions for xcode builds, but still am having no luck. Here is the process. This game is first running the launch screen, then, starts a splash screen scene, which both show perfectly.

On iPhone 4S Device: Once the scene starts, it is black for a moment, then the app closes, no crash, no memory warnings, nothing. Next, an xcode alert pops up saying ->>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11915764/xcode-loses-connection-to-device-while-debugging

This is the same issue.

On ANY simulator: launch screen starts, then, starts the splash screen scene. Great. Now, the game loads but just a black screen (I have my default background in unity set to black). The game is running, the sounds are there, and everything is functional because I'm able to press the start button etc. You just can't see anything, just black.

Solution:

It looks like it was too much memory being loaded in all at once in the beginning of the scene. Also a few optimization techniques helped speed things up, such as static batching etc.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015