Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question IParticipant.UnavailableCaptureDevice value is incorrect.

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by arkenstn, Apr 17, 2023.

1. arkenstn

arkenstn

I am currently implementing Voice Chatting in Unity using Vivox.

The voice chat is working fine, and we are using the IParticipant.UnavailableCaptureDevice value to display the user's microphone status. After first connecting to the channel, my microphone information is correctly represented, but the other participant's microphone information always comes out as a false value.
    It shows that other players use a microphone even though they don't have one, they are not using it, but it shows they are.

For the user's own microphone, when the Connect <-> Disconnect state changes, the delegate I registered with Client.AudioInputDevices.PropertyChanged is called, but the value of IParticipant.UnavailableCaptureDevice does not change and the microphone connection value remains the same as when I joined the channel. At this point, I can check Client.AudioInputDevices .EffectiveDevice to see if there is no device, but there is no way to see the microphone status of the other participants.

What should I be checking?

Here are the versions I am currently using
    Unity 2021.3.11f1
    Vivox Package 15.1.200000-pre.1

2. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

Do you want to detect if a user is speaking/not speaking in a microphone or are you trying to detect if a user has a microphone plugged in?

3. park_unity833

park_unity833

Unfortunately, It looks like vivox sdk bug.
    In my case, I'm using Vivox for Unreal Engine v5.20.0 with Unreal Engine v4.27 on Windows,
    and exactly the same bug happens to me.

I hope this bug would be solved soon.

4. arkenstn

arkenstn

@MurphyMurph_21
    I want to detect whether the user's microphone is connected or not, and the value when the connection changes.

@park_unity833
    Maybe I should have set the prefix of this post to bug.