Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iPad Xcode build error

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by aerende, Jun 21, 2010.

1. aerende

aerende

I'm trying to build an app for the iPad and I get the following error:

• CopyPNGFile build/SecretAgentHD.app/Default-Portrait.png Default-Portrait.png

Can't find /Users/Documents/UNITY_IPHONE/Unity Player/Default-Portrait.png
      Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/Xcode/Plug-ins/iPhoneOS Build System Support.xcplugin/Contents/Resources/copypng failed with exit code 1

I'm using Unity iPhone 1.7 and have SDK 3.2 installed. The app builds fine for the iPhone. Can anyone tell me where to get Default-Portrait.png from? Or what the error really means?

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

the file is present in the project automatically if you built it right.
    if its missing you likely didn't set the right target in the player settings in unity

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you specify the iPad portrait and landscape splash screens in the Unity Player Settings?

4. aerende

aerende

I set the target = iPhone + iPad

I have Default Screen Orientation = Landscape Right

I provided an iPad Landscape Splash Screen but not an iPad Portrait Splash Screen.

I tried providing an iPad Portrait Splash Screen, and now the compilation in Xcode worked! Even though I specified the Default Screen Orientation = Landscape Right, it still wanted a portrait splash screen too.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

You can actually delete the portrait reference in XCode to save a little space. I went through all this in my first iPhone->iPad conversion, summarized in this blog:

http://www.fugutalk.com/?p=3365

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

for ipad you must have both splashes or the app will be autorejected

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not in my experience - I have two portrait-only apps on the App Store with just the portrait splash and one landscape-only app with just the landscape splash (and one portrait+landscape app with both splashes). You just need the splashes corresponding to the supported orientations.