Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

iPad w/ Unity Remote broken on Windows

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Aaron-Meyers, May 17, 2016.

1. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

When I try choosing my iPad for Unity Remote in the Editor Settings, the following two exceptions show up in the console:

EntryPointNotFoundException: StartIosProxy
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartIosProxy (UInt16 devicePort) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartRemoteSupport () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:54)
    UnityEditor.IDeviceUtils.StartRemoteSupport (System.String deviceId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/IDeviceUtils.cs:14)
    and

Could not start remote support for device: EntryPointNotFoundException: StartIosProxy
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartIosProxy (UInt16 devicePort) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSDevice.StartRemoteSupport () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/iOSDevice.cs:54)
    UnityEditor.IDeviceUtils.StartRemoteSupport (System.String deviceId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/IDeviceUtils.cs:14)
    Once I press play, the remote app doesn't appear to ever send/receive anything.

I'm running 5.4.0b17 64-bit on Windows 10

-A

2. RobertasQA

RobertasQA

QA Minion Unity Technologies

3. inkredibl

inkredibl

Unity Technologies

Hey there. The fix will take a while in the pipeline, but in the meantime you can go to your Unity install folder and copy Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\x86_64\*.* one level up into iOSSupport folder. This is for 64bits, for 32bits replace x86_64 with just x86. The native library will load then and those errors should go away.
    Also similar problems can be solved in similar way for AppleTVSupport.

4. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

Thanks... I'll give that fix a shot for now!

5. Sajextryus

Sajextryus

I'm having this same issue. Copying over the files to iOSSupport just results in a complete crash.

"The file 'MemoryStream' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! [Position out of bounds!]"

6. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

It works for me, but the image on my iPad is upside down :p