Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

ios5 sdk and msaa+image effects

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Alexey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

If you plan to use msaa coupled with image effects *and* build with ios5 sdk, please make sure that "Use 32-bit Display Buffer" is checked

2. defjr

defjr

Thanks for the tip!

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Thanks - some questions though:

1. does this affect devices running ios5, or just if I build with a target above 4.3 ?
    2. is it a big performance hit?
    3. any benefit really to building for ios5? is it faster, for example?

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

you know that it will work when you are forced to provide builds with iOS5 SDK as base sdk later this year / early next year at latest

5. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

it *seems* like it is affecting only ios5 *sdk* builds, but anyway. If you need to use new api - you are forced to do this ;-)
    it shouldn't be really.

6. BigRedSwitch

BigRedSwitch

Is there any way to turn this on dynamically? My game pretty much runs at the edge of what is possible on earlier devices (3GS), so I don't have anti-aliasing on, but on the iPhone 4S, I do use Anti-Aliasing. Any way I can just use 32 bit buffer for the faster phone, as I suspect that a 32bit screen buffer will take a while to memcopy when using it on a slower device?

unityunity