Search Unity

IOS Xcode Build Error : Undefined symbols for architecture arm64

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by TiagoAlvesPretia, Jun 18, 2019.

1. TiagoAlvesPretia

TiagoAlvesPretia

Good Afternoon,

After upgrading my project to Unity 2019.1.6f1, the following Xcode build errors appeared:

arm64 function not 4-byte aligned: _unwind_tester from /Users/tiagoalves/sarah-hacker-club-2nd-game-aio/Sarah-Hacker-Club-2/SHC2/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a(unwind_test_arm64.o)
    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "__monodroid_getifaddrs_init", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::InitializeInterfaceAddresses() in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)

"__monodroid_freeifaddrs", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::FreeInterfaceAddresses(long) in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)

"__monodroid_getifaddrs", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::GetInterfaceAddresses(long*) in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Already tried to change architecture ARM64 to Universal, changing from IOS 11 to IOS 12, enabling and disabling Bitcode, delete the build project and rebuild it but with no success.

For information, I'm using Firebase SDK with the most updated CocoaPods.

Before I was using 2018.3 Unity Version.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. ricsacwhatwapp

ricsacwhatwapp

Same here, updated from Unity2017.4 to Unity2019.1.5.
    Any news?

3. apsuva

apsuva

Same error over here while updating from 2017.4 to 2019.1.8
    Is there a solution?

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:

"__monodroid_getifaddrs_init", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::InitializeInterfaceAddresses() in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)

"__monodroid_freeifaddrs", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::FreeInterfaceAddresses(long) in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)

"__monodroid_getifaddrs", referenced from:
    il2cpp::icalls::System::System::Net::NetworkInformation::LinuxNetworkInterface::GetInterfaceAddresses(long*) in libil2cpp.a(External_il2cpp_il2cpp_libil2cpp_icalls_System_System.Net.NetworkInformation_0.o)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. ricsacwhatwapp

ricsacwhatwapp

I downgraded to Unity 2018.3, no other solution worked for me