Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS Twin Sticks

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xander-Davis, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Is there any kind of iOS Twin Stick solution to simulate WASD (Left Stick) + Mouse Look (Right Stick)? Looking for a plug-n-play pre-built solution.

(image from Gamasutra article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6323/a_guide_to_ios_twin_stick_shooter_.php )

I did a search in both the Asset Store and here on the forums and turned up no results.

(ALSO: I would need an ability to *tap* a button or the Right Stick to Jump)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Just found a solution in OcclusionCulling:
    http://unity3d.com/support/resources/example-projects/iphone-examples

Also discovered the StandardAssets (Mobile) FirstPersonSetup example scene. Huzzah!

However, the virtual Twin Sticks do not auto-re-position based on wherever players puts down their left/right thumbs on the screen. That would need to be added to match the usability standards target in the above-referenced Gamasutra article.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thats great, but forgive me for asking but are you asking us to code it for you?

apologies if you don't mean that. I think the best place to start would be the pandora demo on tutorials, it has twin sticks if I recall...

4. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Nope, I was looking for essentially the exact thing that was already in the Standard Assets Mobile pack, since it seemed like such a default basic feature.