Search Unity

IOS - Testflight always 'Missing Export Compliance Information'

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by rob_ice, Jul 12, 2018.

1. rob_ice

rob_ice

Hi All,

Every time I upload a build to Apple Testflight, the build has a warning of 'Missing Export Compliance Information' and it truly is a tedious, gruelling task to click through all the popups to make it go away and unlock the build.

Is there a way to automate the inclusion of this export compliance information when building in unity or xcode - whether it be through a Post Build script that automates editing the Info.Plist or project settings.. I must be missing something really obvious here as I haven't seen anyone else mention this on the forum from my searches.

Attached Files:

dshook likes this.
  2. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Yes, add this line to your post build script to update Info.Plist

Code (CSharp):
    1. rootDict.SetBoolean ("ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption", false);

IanOnWork and rob_ice like this.
  3. rob_ice

rob_ice

Thankyou so much PixelEnvision, you're always popping up with helpful replies! Life saver :)

PixelEnvision likes this.
  4. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

You're welcome! :)

5. Nekuneku

Nekuneku

Adding that line means your app is not using any encryption, if that's true you re good to go if not then your app isn't complying with US export laws

rob_ice likes this.
  6. rob_ice

rob_ice

Apple didn't seem to mind, as far as we know we aren't doing anything weird or sneaky with our app

7. Nekuneku

Nekuneku

don't take it personally ,It's not against you/your apps/me and all devs, it's just regulation that should be respected,
    It's just a scary thing to do when going out the bubble of our comfort zone which is making games and deal with paperwork, government rules etc.
    I replied to this thread because I was too struggling to find an answer, until i found out my app doesn't use encryption.

rob_ice likes this.
  8. karsnen

karsnen

Find then, I am not a security personnel hence what would be the answer to it? I don't adding anything on purpose.

I use
    • ARKit
    • Firebase by Google &
    • iOS native Pro plugin.

So, my answer should be 'no'? If not can someone help me in how I should find the answer to it?

9. cainaron8

cainaron8

it really works. Thanks a lot.