Search Unity

[iOS] Tango Fish

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by codevenient, May 31, 2018.

1. codevenient

codevenient

Hi all,

This week I finished my first Unity game:

Tango Fish
    Make the Tango Fish move through the aquarium to avoid the sharks. Survive as long as you can!

Check it out in the iOS App Store or on our company website.

FEATURES
    – 2 game modes: Classic and Party mode
    – Multi-touch support. Play together with your friends!
    – Irresistible Latin dance music

DOWNLOAD
    - for iPhone and iPad: iOS App Store

What do you think? Feedback is very welcome!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. codevenient

codevenient

Anyone with an iPad/iPhone who is willing to give the game a short try? Feedback / advice on any aspect is welcome. I would like to learn from it, and try to improve the game.

3. ADNCG

ADNCG

Unity -> Xcode -> AppleDev/ITC -> App Store is pretty tedious the first time around. Congratulations on launching your first game.

As far as feedback goes, returning to menu after each game isn't a typical flow and isn't pleasant. Consider a different implementation.

The game could benefit from some kind of variation. Perhaps a low saturation randomized colour variation on the sharks / more dynamic background elements. It's mobile, it's the right place to go all-out on eye candies.

Your monetizing strategy would benefit from a better implementation. Since it revolves around party mode, you need to do everything in your power to raise the user's perception in its regard.
    • Possibly the score multiplier could be multiplied by the amounts of fishes alive in party mode. This would make the mode more addicting, giving it more value to your users.
    • Perhaps you could implement GC leaderboards and put both modes on the same board. Giving high score chasers another incentive to play party mode.

Finally, the way you reward the coins in a constant way is basically saying : It doesn't matter if you sucked or did awesome, you get the same reward. Rewards are better when they scale with performance and/or amount of time/sessions played.

codevenient likes this.
  4. codevenient

codevenient

Thanks a lot for the extensive feedback! It is very helpful.

I will try to improve the menu flow, and score and reward systems. And I will see if I can create more variation. I agree that the game can be repetitive at the moment.

I really like the idea of having the score multiplier depend on the number of fish that are alive in party mode. I will try that immediately!

5. codevenient

codevenient

The first update is available, with several changes. Thank you again for the feedback, it helped a lot.

Who is willing to give the game a try? Feedback is very welcome. I hope to learn from it!

The game can be downloaded for iPad and iPhone here, in the iOS App Store.

Some of the new features:
    - leaderboard
    - coins appearing in the aquarium
    - more colorful sharks
    - new point system (the more fish are alive, the higher the multiplier)
    - bubbles :)

New trailer:

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

6. dsarfati

dsarfati

Keep up the great work! I feel like there needed to be more things to collect, there were many periods of time where i was bored and didnt need to move because the sharks weren't near me. the controls were strange at 1st, but I did get used to them and liked the control i had to avoid the sharks.

codevenient likes this.
  7. codevenient

codevenient

Thank you for trying the game and for your feedback! I appreciate it a lot. I will try to give the player more things to do. And I will think about the controls. Maybe I should add some kind of tutorial.