Search Unity

iOS Subscription transaction fails if the device's date is wrong

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Vordyn, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Vordyn

Vordyn

Hello,

I'm using Unity 2017.4.3.f1, and Unity IAP 1.20.0. Our app only targets iOs for now, and has one in-app purchase which is an auto-renewable 7-days subscription (with a 3-days trial the first time).

Our trouble is, when buying it in normal conditions, it works without any trouble. But if we launch it from a device which time is 2 days ahead in the future (by example), the iTunes transaction works all the way (and our users would be debited) BUT Unity's ProcessPurchase never triggers.

A proof of the transaction's success is that the next time we check (via the SubscriptionManager / SubscriptionInfo class) our player's status, subscriptionInfo.isSubscribed() returns true.

I joined to this post 2 tracelogs of the transactions. You can see the "UnityIAP: Finishing transaction xxx" never triggers in the one launched with a wrong date, even though it should since the transaction was completed.

Even though it may not impact a lot of users, we believe this to be a real inconvenience, and would be glad to have more information about when it will be corrected (since such a correction probably isn't possible without a sdk's update) ?

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Vordyn Thank you for reporting this, I will mention it to the IAP team. However, it will likely be categorized as low priority, so I would not expect an update any time soon.