Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

ioS Signing credentials issues with xcode 9

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by MikeGrist, Nov 20, 2017.

1. MikeGrist

MikeGrist

Description of issue:
    Unable to provide suitable credentials for xcode 9 build.

log says:
    The provisioning profile provided to Unity Cloud Build is an Xcode managed profile which Unity Cloud Build cannot use for signing. Please provide a provisioning profile generated from the iOS developer portal.

However, the credentials were generated from the iOS developer portal

When building locally we use automatic signing, which works correctly.
    When building with xcode 8.3 in UBC it works correctly.

Unity version: 5.5.5f1

XCode version: 9
    Source control: GIT

Local build platform: MAC High Sierra

Build target: iOS

Relevant plugins being used (i.e. Google Play Game Services, other plugins that may perform automatic post-build behaviors) None

Project name:

Build log (relevant chunk):
    The provisioning profile provided to Unity Cloud Build is an Xcode managed profile which Unity Cloud Build cannot use for signing. Please provide a provisioning profile generated from the iOS developer portal.

Does it build locally from a fresh checkout? YES, using automatic signing.

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

That message will only show up when Xcode itself rejects the provisioning profile for use with manual signing. Unity Cloud Build can't use automatic signing, so needs to use a profile that was GENERATED in the iOS developer portal (not just downloaded from the portal). I would start with double checking that the profile you uploaded to UCB was in fact generated in the developer portal and if you're sure that it was PM me some info about the project and I'll help investigate.

3. Davonafe

Davonafe

do you think you could elaborate more on how to be sure that the code was generated in the ios developer portal and not just downloaded from it?
    I'm thoroughly confused.

unityunity