Search Unity

iOS SDK Simulator

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Cripple, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Cripple

Cripple

Hello,

When i try to build in the cloud my iOS game with the SDK Simulator, there is an error triggered during the build.

5700: [xcode] Check dependencies
    5701: [xcode] No architectures to compile for (ARCHS=i386, VALID_ARCHS=arm64 armv7 armv7s).

Looks like the architecture i386 needed by the SDK Simulator is not available ...

Please tell me that there is a fix for this, I need to build a simulator version of the game to send to the facebook review team >-<

2. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

3. Cripple

Cripple

What ?

Don't think this error is related to this, but I may be wrong. I also tried xcode 5 on cloud build and it doesn't work.

4. Cripple

Cripple

Is the Simulator SDK installed in Xcode tools of UCB ?

5. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

Can you direct message me a link to your project for investigation?

Thanks,
    Patrick

6. Cripple

Cripple

PM sent yesterday !

7. pdwitte

pdwitte

Hey Patrick,

We're running into the same problem. I tried to work around it using PostProcessBuildPlayer but no success. Feel free to send me an email at pim {at} get-wrecked.com. Here are my findings so far:
    • This issue occurs when you build using Unity Cloud Build with player settings to build for the iOS Simulator.
    • The issue does not occur when you build for device (not simulator), because it uses armv7 arm64, which the iOS simulator doesn't.
    • Building the exact same project on machine (Mac OS X10.11) works fine, all the way through being able to fully use the project on your iOS simulator.
    We need to use Unity Cloud Build with a simulator output because we are uploading the result to appetize.io so that our developers without iPhones can test their code on iOS.

Please send me an email so we can address this issue and create a fix. I'm working on a temp fix using PostProcessBuildPlayer but no success so far.

Thanks,
    Pim

8. pdwitte

pdwitte

Also, I've tried doing it using the xcode manipulation API, but becuase the player is already built (and the file references and libraries set) you can't just change it to build for the simulator after you exported the player. There are distinct differences between building for the simulator and for device AFAIK (and from trying it over the past few days)

9. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Building for iOS simulator is not something we currently support. It's been requested by several other developers so it's something we are discussing but no immediate plans.

10. andersemil

andersemil

@dannyd So today, almost four years later, are there plans to support simulator builds on UCB?

11. thecloudkeeper

thecloudkeeper

Any updates on this? Building to the iOS Simulator on UCB doesn't seem to be supported yet from my initial tests. Is this in the pipeline? Thank you!