Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS New Release list, how does it work?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Velvety, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Velvety

Velvety

Hi,

I released my game OddBalls in the App Store a month ago. My sales have slowly bottomed-out at zero and so I made an update with a few cosmetic changes, a nicer app icon and also updated the keywords/description hoping I might get another small bump in sales.

When my game was first released it was displayed in the App Store "New Release" list of games > puzzles, which gave it some decent discoverability. It has slowly moved down that list as newer games were released and it's now no longer on the list. However, I notice that many of the games near the top of this list have had an update and have re-appeared on the list because of that update (I think). They were originally released weeks ago, but because of a new update they have been bumped back up in the list (at least that's what it seems like to me).

However, when I released my update I did not re-appear in the New list. Does anyone know how that works? How come some games seem to be able to re-appear in this list, what are they doing to achieve that?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013