Search Unity

iOS native crash in LightmapSettings::UnshareData

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by RichardTrailmix, Feb 14, 2020.

1. RichardTrailmix

RichardTrailmix

I'm having a sporadic hard, native crash on iOS il2cpp builds in Unity 2019.2.20f that I'm having difficulty working out. It does seem to occur right around where a scene transition would be. We're not using lightmapping at all, but the stack trace indicates it's got something to do with it. We’re only seeing it once every couple of hours, so it’s tough to track down.

Here’s what I’m seeing in Unity Cloud Diagnostics. Thread 32 is the one that crashed:

Native Crash - LightmapSettings::UnshareData() (LightmapSettings.cpp:409)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    RIchard

simpleease likes this.
  2. simpleease

simpleease

I got the same crash with Unity 2019.4.1f1, for about 2% users!
    Any solution for this crash?

3. robertas-unity

robertas-unity

QA Minion Unity Technologies

Hi!

We've seen a similar crash on desktop platforms, but that one was fixed in 2019.3.4f1
    So, since @simpleease mentioned seeing this in 2019.4.1f1, looks like this iOS specific crash might be caused by something else.

Could you please report a bug with the project attached? It's very hard to provide more information without having the project to reproduce/investigate the issue. Please post the bug ID here once you do, I'll forward it to our QA team to try and reproduce.

4. simpleease

simpleease

Maybe this bug fixed in 2019.4.2f1. I use the latest verion for 2019.4, and the crash gone away.
    And I found some related info here (https://unityletsgo.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/07/03/170622):

upload_2021-2-25_18-0-57.png \