Search Unity

iOS native code compatibility changes

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Dauphine, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dauphine

Dauphine

I bumped into a few native code compatibility problems when trying to push from 5.3 to ipad for the first time. They were:

1) method in UnityInterface.h: UnityReportWWWFailedWithError went away.
    I replaced our invocation of this with UnityReportWWWStatusError--I assume that's the right thing.

2) A build post-processing script for one of our plugins failed to run: "PostprocessBuildPlayer_AdjustPostBuildiOS".
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with 5.3. I'm a little confused as to how this ever worked. The script was not executable on OSX and I needed to manually run "chmod +x" on it. There is logic in the PostprocessBuildPlayer perl script to chmod scripts, but it's not clear how that works if they're read-only files in perforce.

3) Kontagent plugin was missing some necessary libs.
    Symbols consumed in libKontagent.a were not found. I needed to manually add CoreData.framework and CoreTelephony.framework to the link list in xcode. I'm not sure if this is because some kontagent post-processing of the xcode project didn't happen, or because the default libs that Unity links the player against changed.

Hope this helps somebody.

Unity Version: 5.3.0f1
    xcode version: 7.1.1
    iOS version: 9.1

MrEsquire likes this.