Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS native code compatibility changes

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Dauphine, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dauphine

Dauphine

I bumped into a few native code compatibility problems when trying to push from 5.3 to ipad for the first time. They were:

1) method in UnityInterface.h: UnityReportWWWFailedWithError went away.
    I replaced our invocation of this with UnityReportWWWStatusError--I assume that's the right thing.

2) A build post-processing script for one of our plugins failed to run: "PostprocessBuildPlayer_AdjustPostBuildiOS".
    I'm not sure if this has anything to do with 5.3. I'm a little confused as to how this ever worked. The script was not executable on OSX and I needed to manually run "chmod +x" on it. There is logic in the PostprocessBuildPlayer perl script to chmod scripts, but it's not clear how that works if they're read-only files in perforce.

3) Kontagent plugin was missing some necessary libs.
    Symbols consumed in libKontagent.a were not found. I needed to manually add CoreData.framework and CoreTelephony.framework to the link list in xcode. I'm not sure if this is because some kontagent post-processing of the xcode project didn't happen, or because the default libs that Unity links the player against changed.

Hope this helps somebody.

Unity Version: 5.3.0f1
    xcode version: 7.1.1
    iOS version: 9.1

MrEsquire likes this.