Search Unity

iOS missing images/textures

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by bearc0025, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bearc0025

bearc0025

I'm still learning...

I have a project w/ some basic textures on some game objects. In the Unity preview, you can see the images (below), but when I build for iOS and run that project on my iPhone, the images/textures are missing. Thoughts?

The water waves have the same shape which makes me wonder if the image is there, but somehow only in "shape" and not color or anything??? Washed out somehow???

$Screen Shot 2012-12-18 at 9.11.42 PM.png

Images missing:
    $photo.PNG

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

It looks to me like the lighting might be different on the two platforms for some reason. The top image has a subtle gradient towards the centre of the image, where the bottom one is just evenly white, so it could just be that the lighting is blowing the texture out to 100% white.

Alternatively, what format are the textures in and do you have any errors on import? It could be that the images are in some format that Unity can't convert into an iOS-compatible format for some reason.

3. bearc0025

bearc0025

Thanks!

The more I look at it, the more I agree that it's a lighting issue. I'll look for issues/posts about that.

The images are pngs.

4. bearc0025

bearc0025

Yep, that's what it was. I lowered the lighting and the textures showed up. I guess the lighting doesn't translate that well from Unity preview to iOS???

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

or just change your shader.

6. phpsaux

phpsaux

bearc0025 solve it? I had the same problem, just on iOS... android its fine.