Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question iOS Missing bundle name - The CFBundleName and CFBundleDisplayName Info.plist keys are missing

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by elaine_unity694, Dec 27, 2022.

1. elaine_unity694

elaine_unity694

Hi,

Recently I used Localization (1.2.1) package to support 4 languages (EN, FR, ES, and DE).
    To change the app display name, I configured some iOS metadata from Localization > Metadata > iOS App Info > Short Name / Display Name. After done all configuration then I build my ipa file from Unity Cloud Build.

The app can display the app name correctly based on system language setting.
    But I still get the warning message from Apple

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, MY_APP_NAME. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:
    ITMS-90784: Missing bundle name - The CFBundleName and CFBundleDisplayName Info.plist keys are missing or have empty values in the bundle with MY_BUNDLE_ID bundle ID.

After I unzip the ipa file, I could see 4 different Iproj file (en.Iproj, de.Iproj, es.Iproj and fr.Iproj).
    I check from info.plist, the Bundle display name is empty.

May I know how to solve it ?

Thank you.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

We have fixed this in the next release. You need to add a default value in the xcode project for the fields in the info.plist file.

enhawk likes this.
  3. enhawk

enhawk

I'm just checking out the localization package and it seems to be locked to 1.3.2 in Unity 2021 (I got this same issue)

I did an "add from git url" to com.unity.localization and it updated to v1.4.5

The "newer version is available" arrow doesn't appear in package manager for localization

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately the package manager doesn't show the latest version but just the version that it was told when that version of Unity was released.
    When we release a new version it won't show it unless we make changes and release them in a patch. So manually updating is the best approach.

Jung-dong and enhawk like this.