Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug IOS load ads Waterfall cause Placement receives no fill

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by beapply, Nov 28, 2022.

1. beapply

beapply

Hello, I have a problem with the integration of my code for my IOS application in objective-C, I wanted to add Waterfalls , and when I try to load the ad it does not work every time the unityAdsShowFailed is called with an error message "Placement receives no fill", the initialization works well because the initial initializationComplete delegate is well called, before calling the placementID of the waterfall it worked well, I also did not put a high ECPM in the Waterfall settings ($5) to be sure to have an ad available, I attach my code if someone can help me thank you in advance

Code (CSharp):
    1. - (void)initializationComplete {
    2.     [UnityAds load:UNITY_WATERFALLPLACEMENT loadDelegate:self];
    3. }
    5. -(void)unityAdsAdLoaded:(NSString *)placementId{
    7. if([placementId isEqualToString:UNITY_WATERFALLPLACEMENT])
    8.     {
    9.        [UnityAds show:self placementId:placementId showDelegate:self];
    10.     }
    11. }

2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Can you see test ads in test mode?

3. beapply

beapply

Yes, activating the test mode that display correctly the unity test ads, but in production app that not work, I think that have a problem because I set a very low ECPM target (5$)

4. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Will ads be filled if eCPM target is not set? The fill rate is also related to the region, you can VPN to other regions to test. You can also contact Unity Ads Support and provide the Game ID and Placement ID so that we can confirm whether the ad can be filled: https://docs.unity.com/ads/Support.html

5. beapply

beapply

I defined all the regions because I thought it could come from that but I defined all the regions of the world, I also contacted the support it's been 2 days and I have not had an answer from their part, that's why I made a post here to get help because the support does not give me any help :/

6. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I checked that ticket and it seems you set the mediation partner as Unity (not mediated), in this case, you should use the Unit ID instead of the placement ID. I'll follow up on your ticket.

7. beapply

beapply

I change the mediation partner to third party, and set the placement ID with settings on unity dashboard but when I activate the the mediation partner to third party with low ecpm (1$) no ads was show and when I turn the mediation partner to Unity (not mediated) ads are displayed

8. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

So Ads can be displayed if you set the mediation partner to Unity (not mediated), is this solved your problem?

9. beapply

beapply

No my problem is not corrected, because my original question and it still does not work I cannot display advertisements when I activate the mediation partner option on third party, when I activate this option and configure a ECPM overall 1$ which is very low it no longer shows me ads

10. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Could you please provide the device log so we can check it?