Search Unity

IOS in-app purchases with Soomla plug-in

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by moopi, Feb 5, 2013.

1. moopi

moopi

Hi!

Have anyone used Soomla plug-in (http://project.soom.la/) for in-app purchases? Any pros or cons?

I'm currently implementing some in-app purchases for my game and it seems to be feasible to make the actual transaction system with some third party plug-in (like Prime31 or Soomla). There are lot of comments about Prime31 storekit plug-in, but none about Soomla.

Br,

-Moopi

2. maxgreen

maxgreen

Yes it works. You can see that people are using it by looking at their Q&A page on Github. One difference from Prime31 is that SOOMLA IAP Plugin is free and has the code open so you can better adjust it if needed.

One more thing. They also have a tool for creating In-App Purchase Stores. I think this one is paid (or will be soon;)) but it saves you more work creating and maintaining the store front.

3. oziriz

oziriz

I have been using Soomla plug-in and i can say it works really well. I don't regret a bit choosing it over the prime31 plugin. People tend to go to older stablished solutions like prime but in my opinion when a product is good it is worth using it even tough it is recent. It is compatible with the latest version of unity not to mention it includes ios/android functionality instead of the need to pay for too different OS's kits.

Store front seems promising too! ;)

4. GiusCo

GiusCo

anyone currently using this? feedback?

5. rahuxx

rahuxx

can you make a tutorial on based of your experience with it?

6. Sericet1

Sericet1

I would love to see this tutorial...having trouble

7. hadarhod

hadarhod

8. scbundy

scbundy

I had no trouble using Soomla for my Android build, but it's giving me nothing but trouble on iOS. Although, I might be quick to blame Soomla. I just know that's where the app is crashing in the simulator. No idea why.

9. gurdotan

gurdotan

I suggest you post to a question to the SOOMLA Answers website with all the details, logs etc.
    http://answers.soom.la/

10. 123Ram

123Ram

Hi,
    I am try sandbox testing for myApp but got some error when i click buy button on iOS device.

Here is my console output in Xcode:

-> applicationWillResignActive()

-> applicationDidBecomeActive()

2016-07-23 12:52:04.670 MyApp[2429:768800] [*** ERROR ***] SOOMLA SoomlaStore: An error occured for product id "com.myapp.coin20000" with code "0" and description "Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store}"

SOOMLA StoreEvents SOOMLA/UNITY OnUnexpectedStoreError

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

Soomla.SoomlaUtils:LogDebug(String, String)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Please help me what i do to fixed this.

Thanks!!