Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS IL2CPP builds release configuration?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by any_user, Feb 18, 2015.

1. any_user

any_user

In this blog post it is written that we should set the configuration to "Release" to get a fully optimized build.
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/01/29/unity-4-6-2-ios-64-bit-support/

Is this also necessary when I export an archive to submit it to the app store (Product > Archive) or is it changed automatically?

2. any_user

any_user

Also, is there a way to see in the log (in XCode) if we're running the 32 or 64 bit build?

3. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

Logs can be viewed in the Console app in Unity\player.log.

4. any_user

any_user

Are you sure? iOS logs? I only find Mac logs there, but anyway that's not the problem, I can see the log in XCode. But it doesn't say if it's running the 32 bit or the 64 bit executable.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Break at any point in the debugger and check sizeof(void*) ;).

6. seattlebluesky

seattlebluesky

Oops, and I guess your question is 32 vs 64 bit, but iOS logs are downloaded from the connected device via the Xcode Devices app. 'View Device Logs' when the device is selected in the lefthand side table.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. any_user

any_user

OK – maybe it was not a good idea to post two different questions in one thread. And for those who are trying to help me finding the logs, this is really not the problem.. but thanks anyway.

Does anyone know an answer about my initial question: Are iOS archive builds automatically built in release configuration or do we have to change it manually?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  8. Zenix

Zenix

Archive builds are set to Release by default. You can select Product->Scheme->Edit Scheme to confirm this.

9. any_user

any_user