Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question (iOS) GooglePlayServices not found

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by pablo_leban, Apr 15, 2022.

1. pablo_leban

pablo_leban

I'm getting this error on my Mac after updating to the latest Unity 2021 LTS.

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.services.mediation@0.4.1-preview.1/Editor/Build/PostBuild/IosDependencyUpdatePostBuild.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GooglePlayServices' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I've already tried by deleting the PackageCache but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

2. DeclanMcPartlin

DeclanMcPartlin

Unity Technologies

Hey @pablo_leban,

Thanks for reaching out! We've noticed this issue happens when certain newer versions of EDM4U (External Dependency Manager 4 Unity, also known as Play Services Resolver) are installed.

There are a few solutions we know of available:
    1. We recommend having the version of EDM4U that comes with Unity Mediation installed. You can do this by removing the current version of EDM4U installed, and relaunch your project. A popup should show up, asking you to install EDM4U. This is will install the version packaged with Unity Mediation.
    2. If you are installing a newer version EDM4U, we recommend using the latest (v170). To make sure EDM4U gets installed correctly, avoid any compilation issues when installing. This might mean commenting out code that requires GooglePlayServices as well. Make sure to uncomment the code once the compilation issues are gone and EDM4U has been fully installed.
    There have been improvements made to the Unity Mediation package to increase overall EDM4U compatibility, and will be included in the next release.

Thanks for sharing your issue here Pablo, let us know if this works for you.