Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ios device size

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by iktakgames, Jul 30, 2015.

1. iktakgames

iktakgames

Hi,
    with unity4 the size of my app was 53 mb inside itunes connect details of compilations. Now is 103.
    I read about it and i know that it is for the two architectures but i have some questions.

1. The size under itunes connect/ detail of compilations is the size that apple checks for the 100MB?
    2. It i build only for arm64, the devices without chip armv64 are receibing the update?
    3.If i build only for armv7 , the dvices with chip armv64 can download the game?
    4.What is the best option of this two?

I can not do nothing for reduce file size because i done in the past and it is all optimized.
    Regards and thanks

2. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

2. It i build only for arm64, the devices without chip armv64 are receibing the update?
    No, if you only build for Arm64 your app will only run on iPhone 6/iPad Air and above

3.If i build only for armv7 , the dvices with chip armv64 can download the game?

Apple will reject your game if you build for only armv7, you must include a 64-bit executable

3. iktakgames

iktakgames

Is the same with armv7 if it is an update or new app?

4. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Yeah, Apple requires all apps and updates to include 64-bit executables now.

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies