Search Unity

Question IOS compatibility test without macOS

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by izzynab, Mar 19, 2023.

1. izzynab

izzynab

Hi,
    I am developing few assets for the asset store. One of them is using custom renderer features in URP. It has lot of custom shaders and uses lot of urp cmd features with render textures and all that stuff.
    The problem is that I do not own any device with macos. I got email that tells me that one of the feature in my asset doesn't work in ios build. I was always aware of compatibility issues on different graphics apis and devices and I was trying to write shader code as well as things like graphics format etc. With that in mind.
    But this doesnt always work.
    So my question, is there a way with windows PC to build, or test for compatibility shaders or unity application for ios and metal without any access to macos and therefore xcode?
    Should I invest in macos and apple developer account to be able to always fully test things or maybe there is no really big difference between writing shaders in unity that work with metal as well as other apis and this bug i mentioned before is due to me overlooking something obvious.
    Let me know if you have some thoughts on that. Also if there are any resources on that other then unity documentation you know about I would be grateful.