Search Unity

iOS Builder for Windows - can't build with ARFoundation 2.1

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Tarrag, May 22, 2019.

1. Tarrag

Tarrag

With the release of ARFoundation 2.1 and its introduction to 3D Object and 2D Image tracking I'm getting this error, anyone else having this issue?

Problem shows without making any changes to the samples in git and building. Error didn't show for prior ARFoundation versions before these tracking features were introduced.

BOMStore_ReadFromFile(): Buffer_ReadFromFile() failed reading XXX\arfoundation-samples\Build\Unity-iPhone\ARReferenceObjects.xcassets
    cartool: failed to parse XXX\arfoundation-samples\Build\Unity-iPhone\ARReferenceObjects.xcassets as an assets catalog file

Press any key to continue . . .

Tried building on Unity 2019.1.1f1

ROBYER1, djzielin and LouisHong like this.
  2. LouisHong

LouisHong

I'm also getting this error

3. LouisHong

LouisHong

If the project is built on a Unity-OSX instead the project will build fine. This only happens to projects built on Unity-Windows.

4. bleed_123

bleed_123

I encountered a error when i build in xcode

upload_2019-5-28_17-9-58.png

But it can build succes and run ok, unity version is 2019.1.3f1

LouisHong likes this.
  5. Tarrag

Tarrag

Hey @bleed_123 , where you say you can build success, is that on Unity OSX and not iOS Builder for Windows? or what work around did you do to build on iOS Builder for Windows? Cheers

6. LouisHong

LouisHong

There is no workaround for iOS Builder at the moment. It's a bug with Unity-Windows building iOS project. The workaround for Windows-built xcode project is to go into xcode and manually drag the xcasssets folders into the projects from the iPhone-Build folder.

Here's my conversation with the developer of iOS Builder for Unity.

-

Tarrag likes this.
  7. virtualHCIT

virtualHCIT

Thank you Louis for reporting this. I just came across the same issue while trying to build from Windows using iOS Builder. I was wondering if you could add a bit more details on what you meant with manually dragging the xcassets in Xcode. I opened the project with Xcode and I could see that the xcassets folders are located at the bottom in the Project Navigator, inside a folder named "Unity-iPhone". Their paths are correct and point to folders inside the build folder (the folder chosen in Unity as a destination for the build). I dragged those folders into the root of the project (using the Project Navigator in Xcode) but Xcode again complained that those folders didn't exist (see attached image).

xcodeAR.png

sathya likes this.
  8. LouisHong

LouisHong

Sure thing!

You need to actaully go into Finder and find the folder structure of the project and look for a folder called "Unity-iPhone", drag the contents from Finder to Xcode's folder "Unity-iPhone".

I've also just recieved email from the dev that he may work around the bogus project file from his end as well.

9. akthree88

akthree88

@LouisHong any Update on this from the Dev? And could you be so nice to let him know that there is a thread open ;) maybe ha can then update us all on the progress

madrobotMK likes this.
  10. djzielin

djzielin

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm still getting the
    ARReferenceImages.xcassets
    not found error.

I tried to dragging it from finder to various places in xcode and error remains.

11. djzielin

djzielin

Okay, figured out exactly how it works. Basically the xcassets is not showing up as an assets catalog in the xcode project. The solution is as mentioned above to drag from the finder to the xcode project window.

Specifically:
    1) drag from \Unity-iphone\ARReferenceImages.xcassets to \Unity-iphone (ie don't copy to root of project)
    2) delete the original ARReferenceImages.xcassets (in the Xcode window)
    3) check if type is now correct (on right pane type should not be asset catalog).

It also seems the color changes from a slightly lighter blue to darker blue when the asset type is changed (and thus correct).

Attached Files:

virtualHCIT likes this.
  12. LouisHong

LouisHong

Recently heard back.

virtualHCIT likes this.
  13. Tarrag

Tarrag

LouisHong likes this.
  14. Tarrag

Tarrag

Hey guys, with the update for iOS Project Builder early July, ARF 2.1 ARReferenceImages.xcassets and ARReferenceObjects.xcassets still don't work for me. I didn't see any changes to this error in the update release notes, is it working for you or am I missing something?

I reached out to the developer but didn't get a reply in this instance. Cheers

15. LouisHong

LouisHong

The update with the fix comes after this update supposedly. Please read this email: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ios...ld-with-arfoundation-2-1.682771/#post-4715894

Tarrag likes this.
  16. Mal_Duffin

Mal_Duffin

In my case, the ARReferenceImages.xcassets folder was empty - I just deleted it, and re-built within iOS builder, and it worked.

17. LouisHong

LouisHong

If you don't use Image Tracking that's a fine solution

18. Tarrag

Tarrag

or Object tracking, didn't check face tracking or people occlusion but I suspect it'd also fail.

Been 3 months since raising the problem with the developer :(

19. cam415

cam415

Any update on this? I'm getting the same issue...

20. rockin

rockin

Me too :(

21. jcs090218

jcs090218

Still getting the same issue...