Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS build unable to find 'QuickLookThumbnailing'

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Flarup, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Flarup

Flarup

Hi all,

While testing a new plugin from the Asset Store for our game, I stumbled upon a problem with the 'Editor Default Resources' folder when building for iOS. Turns out. Adding that folder with a bunch of png's in it was sufficient to break the build for iOS. Also, the error I get is the following, which at first don't point to that folder:

9058: ▸ ⚠;️ ld: Could not find auto-linked framework 'QuickLookThumbnailing'
    9059: ▸ ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    9060: ▸ ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any suggestion on how to get the 'Editor Default Resources' folder to work with iOS on UCB?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
    Uffe Flarup

2. Flarup

Flarup

Update:

After digging more into this, it seems like it's not directly related to the Editor Default Resources folder. The build just happened to break at that commit. When I try to go back to clean build older revisions that used to work, then they no longer work.

So either it's the clean building that broke something, or something changed on UCB?

I'm unable to find NO references at all to the 'QuickLookThumbnailing' in our project. Anyone has an idea what could be causing this?

3. allan-oooh

allan-oooh

We are seeing the same thing starting the afternoon of the 13th. Builds randomly failing with that error.

Anecdotally the log for the builds that are passing start with:
    while the ones that fail start with:
    So maybe an issue with reusing a node?

4. Flarup

Flarup

Well, I'm pretty sure SOMETHING changed on UCB recently ;) One of our other projects started failing for iOS as well. The error is different though:

[Unity] Error (Not a directory) occured whilst enumerating /BUILD_PATH/flarup.arblox.ios/temp.XXXXXX20191115-5108-1b2avae/Pods/Headers/Public/FBSDKCoreKit/FBSDKWebViewAppLinkResolver.h

A LOT of errors like these exist in the logs, for all of the native plugins that we use. And we haven't touched any of these plugins recently ;)

So with all these weird errors of of the sudden showing up when building our iOS projects, I'm pretty sure it's a UCB issue.

5. Katerpilet

Katerpilet

I'm also seeing this prop up now on my build. Does anyone have workaround?

6. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone I have been able to see this in the deployed changes from last week as we got ready for this morning's Xcode 11.0 and 11.2 release. It seems that there is an issue with Xcode 10.2 that affects some iOS project users. Please rerun your jobs as a "clean" build using Xcode Latest or Xcode 11.0.0 or Xcode 11.2.0 (Released this morning) and see if the issues described are fixed. We will be working on the fix for repairing Xcode 10.2 as well in the coming days. We thank you for your patience and for your continued use of Unity Cloud Build.

ollieblanks likes this.
  7. allan-oooh

allan-oooh

Thanks Alex. Just had a build that was failing before run against Xcode 11.2 for the first time (without a clean) and it looks great! It's probably a good idea to do a clean build for the Xcode version change anyways, but so far so good.

8. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

That is great news! and thanks for testing that out as well.

9. Flarup

Flarup

@alexg-unity Thank you VERY much for looking into this so quickly! I'm able to get development builds working as well, and install on our test devices locally. However, when attempting to upload to Testflight I get the following error from Application Loader:

"Deprecated Xcode Build. Due to resolved app archives issues, we have deprecated Xcode 11.2 on November 5, 2019. Download Xcode 11.2.1 or newer, rebuild your app and resubmit".

10. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

We are working on releasing Xcode 11.2.1 as the replacement for Xcode 11.0.0 & 11.2.0 as "latest" within the next 24 hours after all the testing passes. We did not realize Apple's Deprecation of 11.2 announcements meant a complete block of submitting to the app store. Thanks for your patience.