Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS - Build Machine Specs

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by KBaxtrom-LevelEx, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBaxtrom-LevelEx

KBaxtrom-LevelEx

Does Unity have any guidelines around what hardware requirements or suggested hardware specs for the Mac needed to build iOS?

We are currently using a Mac Pro Late 2013. It works, but I want to know where we would get the best bang for our buck when adding a new build machine.

Processor 3.5 GHz 6 COre Indexl E5
    Memory 16 BG DDR3
    Graphics AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

You mean which Mac you should buy? Likely the one you can afford that is within your budget.

3. KBaxtrom-LevelEx

KBaxtrom-LevelEx

So no guidelines at all? Would I be better of with more CPU cores or a faster CPU? Any recommendations on RAM requirements? I can buy 64 GB, but does that actually help or is it a waste past 32?

Was more looking for something like this from UE4. General spec guidelines and at least a direction in which to spend resources
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/GettingStarted/RecommendedSpecifications

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

You require a mac, so the answer is in fact 100% correct. Any mac will do. It doesn't matter since your project on mobile is not going to require a cray super computer. Locking this.

If you want specs:

Intel I5 (any).
    8GB ram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.